kettles in cabin on Epic

swiftcookie

Apparently we burn tea when using boiling water, recommended to stand the kettle for 4-5minutes before applying to the tea.

Anyway, the main point of my post was that on my last few cruises you can request Twinings English Breakfast rather than the white tea sachets normally served. The butler brought us loads to the cabin and in any restaurant all you had to ask for was Twinings and they'd bring you two in a pot.

I always take my own tea bags as other tea drinkers often do. When I am brought a pot of tea with breakfast I always need to add an extra bag for a satisfying drink too.

You can 'burn' green tea so water should always be off the boil when added. But for tea made with tea leaves, fresh boiled, boiling water, is always required to produce a proper cuppa. All the tea companies in UK give this advice on their websites and it really works.

• 3 years later...
On 1/24/2016 at 11:38 AM, papcx said:

Thank you for this info.

Are the coffee makers in all class of stateroom? We're in an inside in a week.

Is the coffee any good from the machines?

Thanks in advance.

thanks   Do Norwegian Jewel let you take kettles on board ?

On 1/27/2016 at 9:45 AM, Swells1 said:

I don't know if something like this would be allowed onboard, but it could be an option...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014CFV5PC?keywords=water%20immersion%20heater&qid=1453912980&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

That link is broken but if it is for an immersion heater, they are prohibited.

• 5 years later...

Any updates to CURRENT tea kettle in balcony cabin of EPIC?

Last time (before covid) I was on a Norwegian ship the kettle was actually an old Mr Coffee type coffee pot.  I'm a tea nut and dont like to wait for room service in the AM, sometimes also make tea in the middle of the night to help myself sleep. Photo online shows a one-cupper type often found in a marriott hotel but I dont know if that photo is currently accurate. 

To anyone who can supply a current Photo of the "kettle" for making hot water, I would be much appreciated.  Descriptions helpful too.

Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

Any updates to CURRENT tea kettle in balcony cabin of EPIC? ... Photo online shows a one-cupper type often found in a marriott hotel but I dont know if that photo is currently accurate.  To anyone who can supply a current Photo of the "kettle" for making hot water, I would be much appreciated.  Descriptions helpful too.

Accurate ... it's a 1 cup Hamilton Beach coffee/tea maker - no more tea kettle for pax use onboard that I am aware of.  Buffet will have a variety of teabags to choose from, or BYO ... if you have specific preference.  

PXL_20231121_150111104_MP.thumb.jpg.392f

• Like 1