Another couple of newbie questions!

margbem

Hi all and thanks for the help given when I have asked questions before. We board Journey as she comes out of drydock.

I am just getting things out ready for packing!!!!! Exciting!

1. Is there a hairdryer in the cabin? We are in a window cabin, nothing posh! If so, is it in the bathroom, attached to the wall or is it able to be plugged in next to the dressing table? I sit powerful, or should I take my own?

2. My husband is still unsure whether to take a jacket. We would like to dine in the specialty restaurants a couple of times and also do the Chef's table once. Do men generally dress up more in those restaurants?

Thank you!

Margaret

2. My husband is still unsure whether to take a jacket. We would like to dine in the specialty restaurants a couple of times and also do the Chef's table once. Do men generally dress up more in those restaurants?

Thank you!

Margaret

No reason at all for a man to take a jacket to dine anywhere. It's strictly up to whether your husband wants to wear one. Your cruise is in the Caribbean, a very informal part of the world.

Hairdryers are not that powerful, although new better ones might appear in the refit you never know.

No jackets are required for men it's a matter of choice, we have even met passengers who wore DJ's every night. We are on the same cruise and as we are on a Princess cruise beforehand will have a suit so it might get an outing, contemplating the Chefs Table so it might be for that.

One reason for my husband to book Azamara was not to wear a jacket.

He and I think a lot of other passengers have to wear jackets and ties every day. So he prefers a casual atmosphere during vacation.

He likes it, that also Celebrity changed their policy from formal nights to smart casual last year. I like to dress up, but I´m not the type for an evening gown or a cocktaildress. And even on transatlantic crossings you see less ladies in gowns and gents in tuxedos than years ago.

Thanks everyone. Would he be OK in smart black jeans in the MDR? Do men tend to wear shirts, as in US dress shirts, or are smart polo shirts OK too?

I tend to wear trousers and different tops every night. I won't take a cocktail dress - that might be over the top?

Thanks everyone. Would he be OK in smart black jeans in the MDR? Do men tend to wear shirts, as in US dress shirts, or are smart polo shirts OK too?

I tend to wear trousers and different tops every night. I won't take a cocktail dress - that might be over the top?

"Dress" shirts and smart polo shirts would be fine. I wouldn't say a cocktail dress would be "over the top" but it certainly isn't a necessity. Trouisers with different tops is exactly what my wife wears, and, I'd guess, most women.

My husband only wears smart jeans in different colours, except blue.

And always with the matching vest. Never heard a word from MDR staff, that this is not appropriate. But not only on Azamara also on all other cruiselines we cruised, of course except formal evenings.