Anthem Food

tl12356

Only really bad thing is I never understood in this one was the propensity/desire to slam someone for their views on the food - in particular, calling them "Michelin food critics" - is that really necessary? They're just telling us what they experienced.

I was responding to the OP who hadn't yet been on the ship, so they weren't telling us what they experienced. :rolleyes:

Take up the offer for speciality dining discount.

This has crossed our minds. So far, the plan is just Chef's Table, but we're thinking about adding a couple more, just not sure what the best ones would be after Chef's Table.

Only really bad thing is I never understood in this one was the propensity/desire to slam someone for their views on the food - in particular, calling them "Michelin food critics" - is that really necessary?

It wouldn't be CC without it.:cool:

Why is it that people who eat hot dogs, burgers and pizza at home all of a sudden become Michelin food critics when they board a cruise ship??

The food on the Anthem is fine, not the best and not the worst, but when you're serving 4,000 meals a day in the main dining rooms, don't expect the same food you would find in a fine dining restaurant on land that is serving a couple of hundred customers.

Keep in mind the money you are spending is primarily for your cabin, transportation, entertainment, swimming pools, hot tubs, Ifly, Northstar, Bumper Cars, Flo-rider, rock climbing, etc. and of course destinations (ports). It's not all about food.

Well said. We are on Jan 25th cruise and looking forward to it.

How come I can't seem to find anyone, very few at that, saying the food was good.

Planning a trip in June and don't want to be spending close to six thousand bucks and find the food is a bummer.

Please put you .2 cents in.:confused::confused:

The food was probably our pet peeve on our last cruise on the Anthem.

I was looking forward to succulent dishes in the various free dining rooms. Instead, we found the choices to be limited and frankly, rather bland.

The General Tso chicken in the Silk restaurant was absolutely horrendous that it should be court-martialed to a Private Zso's Chicken (even better, dishonorably discharged from the menu!).

Our whole party of 8 were disappointed overall. I think the new norm is to move the better dishes to the paid restaurant and , even in the paid restaurants, the fees were higher than before. They even upcharge on a Porterhouse steak in Chops, for crying out loud!

I miss the choice of fine cheeses after dinner. Non-existent now.

I expected Whole Foods type of salads in the Windjammer and instead received a bunch of raw vegetables. Blech!

Underwhelmed is the appropriate feeling on the whole food situation .... (sigh!)

Edited by Submariner