EZ Air Question

Wandalust725

I searched but didn't find the answer to my question so here goes....

If you booked EZ Air and miss your ship due to flight delays and the first two days of your cruise are sea days what happens? Does Princess get you to the first port as soon as possible and put you up in a hotel there or do you wait it out at home? If you are flown to the first port asap who pays for the hotel, meals, etc.

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers.

Linda

I have a flight from JFK to FLL on February 14th. I booked the cruise and the airfare, thru Princess and the initial flight was getting me in at a reasonable time. It was changed and now I'm scheduled to arrive at 2:22PM. I tried to get it changed but they don't change it until it arrives after 2:29PM. Crazy huh. They said they could change it but it will cost over $500 in charges to change the flight.

They said that they would not be able to get me to Princess Cay so then they would get me to St Thomas on day 4 of the 7 day cruise. I'm so annoyed!

Are you experiencing the same issues Linda?

I have a flight from JFK to FLL on February 14th. I booked the cruise and the airfare, thru Princess and the initial flight was getting me in at a reasonable time. It was changed and now I'm scheduled to arrive at 2:22PM. I tried to get it changed but they don't change it until it arrives after 2:29PM. Crazy huh. They said they could change it but it will cost over $500 in charges to change the flight.

They said that they would not be able to get me to Princess Cay so then they would get me to St Thomas on day 4 of the 7 day cruise. I'm so annoyed!

No problems right now, mostly curious. We are scheduled to fly to FLA on Saturday, sailing o Sunday, and the forecast is calling for a considerable amount of snow.

Hope you can get everything settled for your flights.

Did you call Princess or the airline? I'd be talking to Princess about this.

Not that this helps but I have seen the cruise lines fly people to Eleuthera (where Princess Cays is). I have seen passengers embark there. They flew from Miami to there.

Not that this helps but I have seen the cruise lines fly people to Eleuthera (where Princess Cays is). I have seen passengers embark there. They flew from Miami to there.
You'd have to have a passport to do this. Couldn't fly to the Bahamas otherwise. :(

We booked round trip flights from Savannah to Vancouver about 6 weeks ago and I just rechecked flights and the price has gone down considerably. Called Princess and they adjusted the difference -saved $264! Nice savings which will help with the expensive excursions that we are planning:)

I searched but didn't find the answer to my question so here goes....

If you booked EZ Air and miss your ship due to flight delays and the first two days of your cruise are sea days what happens? Does Princess get you to the first port as soon as possible and put you up in a hotel there or do you wait it out at home? If you are flown to the first port asap who pays for the hotel, meals, etc.

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers.

Linda

We had a similar case where we experience flight delays going from Texas to FLL, with air arrangements booked through Princess. This was for a 10 day Eastern/Southern cruise.

If you have a flight delay CALL the in-transit delay number that Princess provides. If you have multiple delays (like we had), phone for each delay. Talking to them, ask what your options are.

Upon our 2nd delay (plane in Atlanta with no crew), they advised us that what they would do if we missed the ship was to fly us to the first major port (St. Thomas), book us a hotel, and (if I recall rightly) provide $500/day for meals and expenses. (this might be a "we'll reimburse you" or have different $ values under current guidelines, so don't quote me).

We could think of much worse things than to spend a couple of relaxing extra days in St. Thomas where the snorkeling is great. And, knowing the options actually took the stress of flight delays away.

Amazingly for us, even though we made it to the port after the ship was supposed to have sailed, it had waited for us! The in-Transit Delay folks alerted the ship to our situation, the flight delays, and timing, which is something they don't advertise. The Captain makes the final choice when to sail.

So, with flights booked through Princess, there are good options available, as long as you are willing to go with the flow.

If one's heart is set on the first port, then the best bet is to arrive at the home port a day early, which is our norm for winter.

We had a similar case where we experience flight delays going from Texas to FLL, with air arrangements booked through Princess. This was for a 10 day Eastern/Southern cruise.

If you have a flight delay CALL the in-transit delay number that Princess provides. If you have multiple delays (like we had), phone for each delay. Talking to them, ask what your options are.

Upon our 2nd delay (plane in Atlanta with no crew), they advised us that what they would do if we missed the ship was to fly us to the first major port (St. Thomas), book us a hotel, and (if I recall rightly) provide $500/day for meals and expenses. (this might be a "we'll reimburse you" or have different $ values under current guidelines, so don't quote me).

We could think of much worse things than to spend a couple of relaxing extra days in St. Thomas where the snorkeling is great. And, knowing the options actually took the stress of flight delays away.

Amazingly for us, even though we made it to the port after the ship was supposed to have sailed, it had waited for us! The in-Transit Delay folks alerted the ship to our situation, the flight delays, and timing, which is something they don't advertise. The Captain makes the final choice when to sail.

So, with flights booked through Princess, there are good options available, as long as you are willing to go with the flow.

If one's heart is set on the first port, then the best bet is to arrive at the home port a day early, which is our norm for winter.

Thank you very much for answering my question! We are scheduled to fly in a day before sailing but the weather for this upcoming weekend is iffy.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!