RCL or Celebrity?

FireStation46

It looks like the two lnes are linked and if so, my questions are:

Does my RCL status get equal play in Celebrity?

What cabin on Celebrity is similar to a Grand Suite?

Is there any difference in cruises from NY/NJ on the destinations to the Carribean and/or the Gulf?

Looks at first blush RCL is price competitive vs. Celebrity.

Thanks for your help!

I can only answer the one question about your status.

Yes, the status on RCCL and Celebrity are reciprocal...in other words, if you are Diamond on RCCL, you will be elite on Celebrity. The perks are a bit different but pretty equal in value....depending on your preferences.

Celebrity is a bit more white glove service whereas Royal Caribbean is more family friendly. I enjoy them both immensely!

Would be one of a couple of the higher suites. The RS is much fancier the RCCL. The destinations vary so you actually need to look and see what destinations are available on each for the specific time you want to cruise.

On board the only big thing we noticed was the diamond lounge was IMO a bet better on RCL and the buffet on Celebrity was so good we did not eat as many meals in the MDR or Luminae. And suites on X have their own restaurant. definately more service.

As far as the cabin size, the D size on RCL is pretty similar (depending on the ship) to the standard balcony cabin on Solstice class Celebrity. If you go for Celebrity Concierge or Aqua class the rooms are the same size, but there are extra perks included.

The next level on Celebrity is Sky Suites, and they are around 300 sq mtr, which is between the Junior Suite sizes and the Grand Suite sizes. Then on Celebrity you go to Celebrity Suite stateroom, which is a stupid name, but it runs at around 395 sq mtr, so more similar to the average Grand Suite.

Each Royal ship has different specs for the cabins. Google can be your friend with some sites that are there with lots of info and pictures by real poeple on cabins and deck plans.

Your best idea is probably to do a bit of a comparison on the included perks, as a Sky Suite on Celebrity has different inclusions to a Junior Suite or a Grand Suite on RCL.

There are two classes of X ships S, more modern, and M, still nice. Suite rooms are very different on both...

If there are just two of you cruising you will find a sky suite ok. Similar size to a GS but different layout (never actually stayed in a SS only seen them) but have stayed in most RC suites. Perks include conceirge lounge and suite restaurant. Some have wake views, they would be the ones I would go for.

The Celebrity suite on the S is bigger and the bedroom is separate. We actually found it quite closed in...but good if you have children or third adult travelling with you. On the M class the living area is more spacious.

Royal Suite, bigger, two rooms, nicer bathroom separate shower and bath. Similar in size to an OS on RC but totally different layout. Jacuzzi on balcony, drinks package, unlimited speciality dining, room bar set upand a few other perks included.

Penthouse suite, different in M and S class but S class PH is not dissimilar to Royal Suite on RC. M class PH has a wonderful deck! My favourite room....Again with additional perks as listed with RS.

You need to log on to X to consider itineraries you may be interested in. Then look up information on which ship type you may prefer, we like both. When you have done this I suggest you do some searching on YouTube to look at specific room types and see if you would be happy with a sky suite or if you want to upgrade...

The biggest differences we find between RC and X are service and relaxation level. We enjoyed RC but we did find it quite bustling and loud. X is much more focused on rest and relaxation....We did enjoy the conceirge lounge on RC but find it better on X. We also enjoy the butler service on X (similar thing being introduced on the bigger RC ships).

When pricing remember to consider the 'extras' with RS and PH..

Enjoy your research, hope you find a great Celebrity cruise!

regarding the question on reciprocal benefits...it depends on your RCL status....you need to be at least Platinum and enroll in the Captain's Club to get benefits on Celebrity. You can enroll over the phone when you book the cruise.

once on board...you can go to the future cruise desk and book a cruise on RCL, Celebrity or Azamara.

Following is from RCL website....

Equivalent Recognition is a program that offers Crown and Anchor, Captain’s Club, and Le Club Voyage loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the three brands – both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefits of the Captain’s Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage will stay independent and not be combined.Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club and Explorer in Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Discoverer in Le Club Voyage.Gold and Pinnacle Club membership status in Crown & Anchor Society are not part of this benefit. Pinnacle Club membership tier level can only be obtained through earning the appropriate number of Cruise Points on Royal Caribbean ships.

Cruises from Bayonne typically need to be longer to get to the Caribbean. Depending on the time of year, the first/last day could be chilly on board as the ship heads out of or back to the colder weather. AS noted...it is best to go online and check out the various itineraries.

Celebrity offers a Big, Better, Best package. With Best...for $315pp you get Premium Beverage package, prepaid gratuities, unlimited internet, and a $150ppOBC. We definitely get our money's worth from that package. We have found Celebrity to be better priced than RCI as a result of this package deal. With a Suite....the Best package is included in the suite price along with a few more perks like Luminae.

We definitely like not having that TV screen blaring at us while we are at the pool on Celebrity ships. Also, on Celebrity you do not get as many announcements so it is a quieter atmosphere.

Think if you are under diamond you get no perks and that you can't get more than elite level

I can only answer the one question about your status.

Yes, the status on RCCL and Celebrity are reciprocal...in other words, if you are Diamond on RCCL, you will be elite on Celebrity. The perks are a bit different but pretty equal in value....depending on your preferences.

Celebrity is a bit more white glove service whereas Royal Caribbean is more family friendly. I enjoy them both immensely!

sqft.....not meters.....

and M class celebrity suites are if memory serves about 465 sqft

As far as the cabin size, the D size on RCL is pretty similar (depending on the ship) to the standard balcony cabin on Solstice class Celebrity. If you go for Celebrity Concierge or Aqua class the rooms are the same size, but there are extra perks included.

The next level on Celebrity is Sky Suites, and they are around 300 sq mtr, which is between the Junior Suite sizes and the Grand Suite sizes. Then on Celebrity you go to Celebrity Suite stateroom, which is a stupid name, but it runs at around 395 sq mtr, so more similar to the average Grand Suite.

Each Royal ship has different specs for the cabins. Google can be your friend with some sites that are there with lots of info and pictures by real poeple on cabins and deck plans.

Your best idea is probably to do a bit of a comparison on the included perks, as a Sky Suite on Celebrity has different inclusions to a Junior Suite or a Grand Suite on RCL.

Reciprocity only goes up to the Elite Level. If you are Diamond Plus or above on RCCL you will only get recognized aa Elite on Celebrity.

Also works the other way around. We are Elite Plus on Celebrity but only get recognized as Diamond on RCCL.

Edited by CruisingChick

Celebrity offers a Big, Better, Best package. With Best...for $315pp you get Premium Beverage package, prepaid gratuities, unlimited internet, and a $150ppOBC. We definitely get our money's worth from that package. We have found Celebrity to be better priced than RCI as a result of this package deal. With a Suite....the Best package is included in the suite price along with a few more perks like Luminae.

Above is true but if you book with the right cruise agencies and during a promotion you can usually get the Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities and some OBC at the Big Price!

It looks like the two lnes are linked and if so, my questions are:

Does my RCL status get equal play in Celebrity? yes, and no. you get classified into a level based your status in the other, but you start at zero points.

What cabin on Celebrity is similar to a Grand Suite? I sailed on Century only in a century suite which I would classify as a Junior Suite as far as size and amenities are concerned( for instance we did not get access to Michael's which would be equivalent to a Concierge lounge.

Is there any difference in cruises from NY/NJ on the destinations to the Carribean and/or the Gulf? outside factors( itinerary etc) would be minimal such as length of stay in a port maybe.

Looks at first blush RCL is price competitive vs. Celebrity.

Thanks for your help!

we enjoyed our one and only too date on Celebrity cruise but in order to get the same access we enjoy by sailing in Grand suites so far as I can tell we would be paying a little extra. BUT, I also think, by my research we get more included( butlers are one example as is access to other venues.. we don't sail the Royal mega ships that Have coastal kitchen)

I am certainly open to doing Celebrity again in the future but I would have to weigh whether or not we would actually use or enjoy all the extras that come with the higher cost.

Think if you are under diamond you get no perks and that you can't get more than elite level

we were Platinum when we took our Celebrity cruise and were awarded Select status. the perks are minimal at this stage, I will grant you.

and yes there is nothing higher than Elite which is awarded at Diamond but by that point, the perks are not bad for most people.