Can I Bring a Birthday Cake Onboard?

bigb252

Celebrating a birthday for my grandfather onboard the Getaway with family members (group of about 20 or so). Someone mentioned bringing a special cake on board.

If possible, would NCL store the cake for us? How long?

Are you aware NCL will provide a cake for just about any celebration you want? Or you can purchase a cake at the onboard bake shop.

My only on-board cake experience, which worked out great for our group celebration on the BA...

We purchased a cake photo-transfer from an online retailer a couple weeks prior to our cruise. Once on board, we took the transfer to the bake shop and asked if they could utilize the photo transfer for the cake we ordered. They welcomed the opportunity to help us out... even making sure that the cake was on stand-by at our restaurant that night. It turned out great!

Are you aware NCL will provide a cake for just about any celebration you want? Or you can purchase a cake at the onboard bake shop.

My only on-board cake experience, which worked out great for our group celebration on the BA...

We purchased a cake photo-transfer from an online retailer a couple weeks prior to our cruise. Once on board, we took the transfer to the bake shop and asked if they could utilize the photo transfer for the cake we ordered. They welcomed the opportunity to help us out... even making sure that the cake was on stand-by at our restaurant that night. It turned out great!

Hi! Yes we're aware that we can go through NCL and get a cake through them. Just checking our options though!

Thanks!

Hi! Yes we're aware that we can go through NCL and get a cake through them. Just checking our options though!

Thanks!

From NCL website:

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors/beverages*, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal. *For more information read our FAQ "What about alcohol consumption and wine corkage?" Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

On my Getaway cruise we had several folks celebrating either birthdays or anniversaries that I ordered a cake for the Meet & Greet. I ordered a half of a sheet cake and it was delicious. It was a big hit at the Meet & Greet.

I haven't heard of anyone being able to take on to the ship that large of a food item. Small snacks but not a cake.