We're on the Emerald and....it's all good!!

svend52

Guess we were the unfortunate ones, We were in a Mini & complained air not working well, they cleaned air ducts that left dust in the cabin that started us coughing & here we are still coughing with infected sinuses. Will never go on that ship again after what we have been through. Please no comments from the naysayers, were sick enough.

i also disembarked on monday jan 18th. i agree that the cruise director was poor and noted that on my e mail survery

.enjoyed the cruise very much.

during the entire incinerator fire incident my cabin steward and other cabin stewards were in the hall wearing their life jackets and appeared calm,assuring us not to worry..

however i must remark that after the fire incident in which all crew members participated i went down to deck 5 and there was a line of people waiting at the IC for service. seems the munchies took first place before the crew member was able to return after being dismissed by the captain.

Guess we were the unfortunate ones, We were in a Mini & complained air not working well, they cleaned air ducts that left dust in the cabin that started us coughing & here we are still coughing with infected sinuses. Will never go on that ship again after what we have been through. Please no comments from the naysayers, were sick enough.

When? What cabin?

i also disembarked on monday jan 18th. i agree that the cruise director was poor and noted that on my e mail survery

.enjoyed the cruise very much.

during the entire incinerator fire incident my cabin steward and other cabin stewards were in the hall wearing their life jackets and appeared calm,assuring us not to worry..

however i must remark that after the fire incident in which all crew members participated i went down to deck 5 and there was a line of people waiting at the IC for service. seems the munchies took first place before the crew member was able to return after being dismissed by the captain.

These will be the first ones crying and screaming not knowing what to do in a real emergency. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments, glad you had a good cruise.

We loved The Emerald and we hear the same sort of stories about the Caribbean Princess. People sometimes see the worst in things when they should be focused on the wonderful experiences that they are having. Bad reviews or not we are going on the Caribbean next year and planning to go back on the Emerald one day soon too.

When? What cabin?

01/4-01/14, D220. Your trip depended on your cabin, There were some people with no air that were able to change cabins. The ship should be in good condition now if they addressed the problems that were not addressed in drydock. I only stated my condition because of the nasty comments aimed at the complaints. They were not making it up.

01/4-01/14, D220. Your trip depended on your cabin, There were some people with no air that were able to change cabins. The ship should be in good condition now if they addressed the problems that were not addressed in drydock. I only stated my condition because of the nasty comments aimed at the complaints. They were not making it up.

I know where you're coming from. Been there once and it's not a pleasant experience.

We just got off the Emerald this morning. Had a fanatastic time.

The ship is looking good!!! We did not encounter any problems that are worth complaining about.:):)

Glad to hear that as we are sailing on her in about 4 weeks. Have sailed her twice before and she is one of our favorites:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we're there any A/C on your deck? We are booked for a mini-suite on the same deck 9 dolphin mid-aft port

We were on the Caribe deck by the central elevators. The AC was OK, not cold but OK. There is never a time when it was so cold that I would click it up a notch. This is unlike other Princess ships where we normally set it in the middle.

We got off 2/15 after 9 days. Cabin Rivera 736 inside. NO a/c problems, NO water (hot or cold) problems. Food was good, service as well. Went to Share one night. PERFECTION!

The only complaint I heard was when I was at passenger service desk someone complained they did get a fold out map of the ship and why they were not out in a basket to grab vs waiting in line. The gal explained that people were grabbing a few at a time, which is really not necessary, and getting wasted. That man just about ripped her head off! Geezzz, must it always be about 'me' when cruising?!! He was quite rude which I thought was uncalled for. I'm sure with an attitude like that on the first day, he must have had a wonderful time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We got off 2/15 after 9 days. Cabin Rivera 736 inside. NO a/c problems, NO water (hot or cold) problems. Food was good, service as well. Went to Share one night. PERFECTION!

I think the problems with the AC only occur when the weather is hot, which your trip wasn't. If it had been a normal Caribbean cruise in Feb you would have heard many complaints. The ships AC doesn't seem to be distributed evenly. Some public areas were exceptionally cold when there were hardly any people in them and very hot at other times.

I think the problems with the AC only occur when the weather is hot, which your trip wasn't. If it had been a normal Caribbean cruise in Feb you would have heard many complaints. The ships AC doesn't seem to be distributed evenly. Some public areas were exceptionally cold when there were hardly any people in them and very hot at other times.

I could be wrong, but I think maybe floridalover has a problem with the AC on Emerald. Anyone have a list of those pax who also had a problem?

Had no A/C problems or hot or cold water problems in B735, how ever we did not have the new pillow top mattresses. Steward said higher decks had them and they were expected soon in the lower decks. Food was pretty good except for the Prime Rib, might have been choice grade but not prime (I was in the Beef cattle business for 40 years) Had the Salmon 3 nights, not on every night menu, just ask for it.

We were in R747, the angled balcony that is the last cabin on the starboard side of Riviera deck.

Our A/C was actually a bit on the cool side. We kept the thermostat around the middle most of the time as it got chilly in the cabin when set cooler than that.

We did have mostly hot water out of the shower. The temperature control did not seem to have much effect.