Eurodam Nov 18

ETinCA

We just got a somewhat garbled email from our agent that there is a schedule change on the Nov 19 cruise. They removed Grand Turk and added an Amber Cove overnight? That wouldn't make much sense. I went to the agents site (a large company) and it to shows the change removing Grand Turk. On HAL's site it shows no changes. Any idea? Has anyone heard of Grand Turk being removed lately? A cruise of ours a couple years ago missed the port due to the water situation but haven't heard anything recent. Thanks.

My apologies on the topic line. I meant November 19
For future use: you can edit title lines within the 20 min window by using the "Go Advanced" option after you've started the edit. :)

Edited by jtl513

We just got a somewhat garbled email from our agent that there is a schedule change on the Nov 19 cruise. They removed Grand Turk and added an Amber Cove overnight? That wouldn't make much sense. I went to the agents site (a large company) and it to shows the change removing Grand Turk. On HAL's site it shows no changes. Any idea? Has anyone heard of Grand Turk being removed lately? A cruise of ours a couple years ago missed the port due to the water situation but haven't heard anything recent. Thanks.

We were on the Zuiderdam last week and stopped in Grand Cayman on 1/13/16. The Eurodam was there the same day. Don't know about future cruises...sorry.

Helen

Oh, I seriously hope your email is incorrect. We love our Grand Turk stops. There has already been one change made to this sailing. When it was originally listed Key West was the first port of call on 11/20. Shortly after we booked HAL dropped Key West and picked up Nassau. I was not pleased with the change!:mad:

Hopefully there will be more things available by November at Amber Cove. I was there in December and there was very few stores open and what was open had very little stock. Dufrys liqor store had none of my favorite brands as the other Dufry's do. Not any shore tours available.

I hope they get Amber Cove in operation. I am scheduled to go there next December and am not looking forward to it. I am hopeful they will get the place more built up.

I am sure there will be more built up at Amber Cove BUT an overnite?? Who in their right mind would leave the ship? Most overnights give a person special opportunites for longer excursions, chances to do events like ballets or eating at special restaurants etc. I plan on never getting off in Nassau again also.

I'm going to talk to the agency and HAL again today. Personally I'm believing the agency got hacked. I'm seeing another booking on the Eurodam with an "itinerary change" on their site showing Havana Cuba as a stop on the November 26 7 night cruise which we know isn't happening yet. I'll let you know what I hear.

We are actually on a b2b 11/19 combined with 11/26. If your agency's email is correct HAL will have screwed up both of our weeks. Havana is certainly not on my list of ports I wish to see, nor is Nassau.

I suspect your theory about your TA being hacked is correct. Especially since we have not heard anything from our TA and HAL is still showing Grand Turk and Nassau.

Edited by TrolleyGirl

I called the agency, and after they swore the got an email from HAL I told them who and where to call since HAL says there are no changes. As of now, I see they have fixed their website to show the proper schedule. Thankfully it appears all is well and scheduled as originally planned. It does indeed appear they got hacked.

Sorry for the trouble. Glad it wasn't true!

I called the agency, and after they swore the got an email from HAL I told them who and where to call since HAL says there are no changes. As of now, I see they have fixed their website to show the proper schedule. Thankfully it appears all is well and scheduled as originally planned. It does indeed appear they got hacked.

Sorry for the trouble. Glad it wasn't true!

Your ta sounds pretty flaky. Nice that they don't admit when they are wrong.