Reboarding after excursions

figi4

All the cruise I have done so far, I was never asked for a Picture ID.... Does San Juan ask for picture ID?

Because we don't fly we cruise out for Galveston or New Orleans so we cruise the Western Caribbean or Bahamas and every port we've been to we are always required to show a pictured I.d. before we walk on the dock towards our ship. Then once we are on the gang plank walking onto the ship all we need is our ship's card to be "dinged" back on the ship.

All I know is we have holiday end in Europe for the last 15 years and it is a legal requirement to have photo ID on you at all times - if you are stopped and asked for your ID and can not produce it then you will be fined on the spot! I don't think copies would be acceptable. We have never lost our passports in all our time on holidays. We will carrying our passports as we usually do. It's up to u to check the laws of the countries you are travelling to.

I'm cruising Europe this summer and in most of Europe it is illegal not to carry photo ID - so def carry your passport if travelling in Europe

We do. It carry our passports around in Europe unless we will need one for a given reason (car rental, crossing a border, etc.). Our passports stay in the lodging safe and we carry out drivers license around as ID. Never been asked for it, and I highly doubt we ever will, as we don't go looking for a reason to be stopped and questioned. We were randomly stopped by the police in Athens to verify we had validated our subway tickets but they didn't ask for ID.

I don't ever remember seeing any food sniffing dogs while getting off the ship on any of the cruises I've been on. But I was told once that I couldn't take my coffee cup off and that I needed to finish it before I got off. It wasn't coffee inside. LOL

You can bring factory sealed food from home if you need to. Nothing that was from the buffet.

That depends on the country you are visiting, and is not a valid universal response.

My last four cruises our photo was taken when we got our card keys and every time we got on the ship and scanned the key, our image popped up on the security screen so they knew it was us. The ONLY times we've had to show ID was in Nassau to get into the secure port area and in Venice which was the changeover port for our B2B and the Italian equivalent to CBP required it to enter the queue to return to the ship. We were told very specifically we would need ID and passports by the ship for both of these ports in advance.

Be back at least 30 min before sailing time. All alcohol bought on shore will be held by the ship until last night or last morning of cruise.

Alcohol policies vary by cruise line and this is not an across the board policy.

• 2 weeks later...

In general, you will need your ship card and sometimes a photo ID. There will be announcements prior to debarkation and you can always ask just before you debarkation to be sure. They will also tell you the ship time vs local time and what time to be back onboard.