Back from Splendor a week and already booked again!

christinacruisin

We were on the Splendor 1-3 sailing. It was AWESOME! I should and maybe might write my first review since I've enjoyed reading so many of them here. They have certainly helped build excitement and I've learned so much from so many of you! Plus it would probably be fun to relive my cruise through a review. But in the meantime, if there are any questions, just ask away!

On another note, the cruise bug has bitten me bad! I just booked another and I'm so excited! We're going to be on the Sensation on June 11. Yeah!!! Something else to look forward to. I'm so hooked! What can I say, cruising makes me a happy girl!

We were on the Splendor 1-3 sailing. It was AWESOME! I should and maybe might write my first review since I've enjoyed reading so many of them here. They have certainly helped build excitement and I've learned so much from so many of you! Plus it would probably be fun to relive my cruise through a review. But in the meantime, if there are any questions, just ask away!

On another note, the cruise bug has bitten me bad! I just booked another and I'm so excited! We're going to be on the Sensation on June 11. Yeah!!! Something else to look forward to. I'm so hooked! What can I say, cruising makes me a happy girl!

good to hear you enjoyed the Splendor! A review would be great :p these next 2 1/2 weeks are going to crawl by !!:eek::D

So glad you enjoyed your cruise! Welcome to the club. As long as I have a cruise booked, I am ok.

I would love to hear everything about it! Cruising on the 6/4 sailing :)

I'm considering a cruise on her over New Years. It would be either be this ship or the Vista. I have a couple teenagers with me and I'm trying to figure out if there would be enough for them to do on the Splendor. A recap of what you loved and some of the bad points would be great.

I will be cruising on the Splendor in Oct with my daughter and her bestie! This will be my 3rd cruise, daughters 2nd and Bestie will get her cruise cherry popped on the Splendor ;-). The only couple questions I have right this minute is, is there a blow dryer in the cabins of the Splendor? AND what is this I hear that you have to pay for items on the room service menu? Is that true? We are all SUPER EXCITED!

Edited by Nanax863

I will be cruising on the Splendor in Oct with my daughter and her bestie! This will be my 3rd cruise, daughters 2nd and Bestie will get her cruise cherry popped on the Splendor ;-). The only couple questions I have right this minute is, is there a blow dryer in the cabins of the Splendor? AND what is this I hear that you have to pay for items on the room service menu? Is that true? We are all SUPER EXCITED!

There are hair dryers in the cabin, but you can blow harder than they do!! bring a small travel size one!! There are a few added items to the room service menu that you pay for all the old standard choices are still free.

There are hair dryers in the cabin, but you can blow harder than they do!! bring a small travel size one!! There are a few added items to the room service menu that you pay for all the old standard choices are still free.

Actually, the free room service menu is about half the size it was. The hot sandwiches were taken off - I remember there used to be some kind of steak sandwich - it was definitely gone. They definitely still had the turkey sandwich, BLT, tuna sandwich, PB&J, caesar salad, veggie sticks, chocolate cake, cookies. Can't remember exact details so I don't want to post something that wasn't there.

They added several fee based items - chicken tenders (3 large tenders - the panko crusted ones you can get at brunch with the caesar salad; they came served with either honey mustard of BBQ and some veggie sticks); we did order those one day cuz my BF really liked them, but I thought it was overpriced at $5! There's also fries for $1.50 (same ones they serve at the grill) (make sure to ask for ketchup if you want it - they bring JUST the fries), sweet potato fries for $2, a chicken quesadilla for $5, pizza for $5 (different than what they serve on lido), and wings for $5. There may have been another item or two but can't quite recall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell us who the cruise director was on the splendor? we have a cruise scheduled for may 7th 2016

It was Kevin Donohue, who I consider the best, most fun cruise director I've ever sailed with. He is going on vacation a couple weeks after The Splendor gets out of drydock, then moves on to The Elation in June. Chloe (last name unknown) is taking over as CD.