Table for 2 on Allure

sueernieb

How hard is it to get a table for two in the MDR on the Allure for breakfast and the days they serve lunch? I am disabled and cannot carry a tray in the Windjammer. My disability also makes me very slow when I eat and I prefer not slowing others down or calling more attention to myself. My husband is very hard of hearing and has a hard time hearing anyone except the person right next to him.

Thanks

Sue

Any crew member will assist you in the buffet if you ask. Our experiences have always been... They really do not want to seat you anywhere but the larger tables for the other meals. We also tend to have almost no conversation with anyone else. Breakfast groups are discussing plans and lunch groups want to get back to their plans. Nobody lingers or wants to get to know your life story

As Spookwife said you can sort of be by yourself anyway if you choose. If you don't engage in conversation others will simply continue their own conversations. However we have asked for tables for 2 and 4 before and they will try to accommodate. It seems sort of dependent on the section of the dining room they have open.

How hard is it to get a table for two in the MDR on the Allure for breakfast and the days they serve lunch? I am disabled and cannot carry a tray in the Windjammer. My disability also makes me very slow when I eat and I prefer not slowing others down or calling more attention to myself. My husband is very hard of hearing and has a hard time hearing anyone except the person right next to him.

Thanks

Sue

In addition to the other replies, Allure does seem to have more tables for two than the smaller ships. Most people requesting them seem to get them.

Generally there is a host or hostess at the front door of the WJ or MDR every day. I think if you talk to them the first day, they will be looking for you on the next day to give you the help you need. I have always found the WJ staff to be so nice and accommodating.