Serenade OTS 10-Night Sailing Info Requested

gw2fll

We are preparing for an upcoming 10 Night sailing on Serenade of the Seas. We are very excited, this will be our first sailing on Serenade in almost 8 years.

Being the proverbial planner, I am starving for information so I can make sure I make the most of our upcoming cruise (we have been planning this since May 2014). One of my first priorities is to relax and take it easy - so that is on our "Must Do" list, as well as, enjoying quiet time on the balcony with a good book or just watching the time go by. LOL - goes without saying - so I already have the R&R covered, I think...

I'm wondering if anyone that has recently sailed Serenade can help with a few questions / information to help round things out a bit:

1. Which night is the Love and Marriage show on? (We don't want to miss that)

2. Does Serenade have the Quest or is it limited to Voyager Class and above? If the Quest is offered, I assume it is Day 9 - correct?

3. Do anyone recall the menu order?

We would like to book a few specialty restaurants, but it would be helpful to know which menu is normally scheduled for which night so we don't miss some of our favorites.

4. Which nights are formal nights? I am thinking Day 2 and Day 9, but would like to confirm.

5. If booked in a suite, is it normal for the concierge to contact you ahead of time for any special requests and to introduce themselves? If the concierge does reach out, when should I expect it? (I checked the Concierge spreadsheet and it indicates a change to Francisco on 6 February 2016.)

The last time we sailed in a suite, the ships concierge contacted us around Day 40 to find out if we had any special requests, etc. However, to date, we have not heard anything from the concierge. Perhaps the process has changed? I might be too early.

6. Does anyone have a recent Cruise Compass available (from this season) they can share? Looking for "extra curricular" activities, e.g., trivia, enrichment, etc. not to mention typical promotions being offered (realize they can change sailing-to-sailing), etc.

7. The BIG One: What Beverage Package promotions are being offered? I have reviewed as many threads as I can related to this - being the whole program is rather new it's hard to find info - so any help from recent passengers is greatly appreciated.

Background:
    we have booked the "Royal Refreshment Package" (it more than pay's for itself), but trying to decide to upgrade to the "Premium Package" now or wait until we are on the ship? Although the new program is great, it has thrown a new wrinkle into things and what we do.

Sorry for all the questions. I just feel a bit in the dark.

A great big thank you for any help and guidance offered.

Doug

• 5 weeks later...

See answers below. Just did the 11 night sailing but the 10 nights shouldn't be that much different.

We are preparing for an upcoming 10 Night sailing on Serenade of the Seas. We are very excited, this will be our first sailing on Serenade in almost 8 years.

Being the proverbial planner, I am starving for information so I can make sure I make the most of our upcoming cruise (we have been planning this since May 2014). One of my first priorities is to relax and take it easy - so that is on our "Must Do" list, as well as, enjoying quiet time on the balcony with a good book or just watching the time go by. LOL - goes without saying - so I already have the R&R covered, I think...

I'm wondering if anyone that has recently sailed Serenade can help with a few questions / information to help round things out a bit:

1. Which night is the Love and Marriage show on? (We don't want to miss that)

See Cruise compasses in my review thread
    http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2311587&highlight=serenade

2. Does Serenade have the Quest or is it limited to Voyager Class and above? If the Quest is offered, I assume it is Day 9 - correct?
    Yes, Serenade does offer Quest. It was somewhere in the middle of the cruise.

3. Do anyone recall the menu order?
    Listed on the compass every night.

We would like to book a few specialty restaurants, but it would be helpful to know which menu is normally scheduled for which night so we don't miss some of our favorites.

4. Which nights are formal nights? I am thinking Day 2 and Day 9, but would like to confirm.

Nights 2 and 10 for me. Should be 2 and 9 for you.

5. If booked in a suite, is it normal for the concierge to contact you ahead of time for any special requests and to introduce themselves? If the concierge does reach out, when should I expect it? (I checked the Concierge spreadsheet and it indicates a change to Francisco on 6 February 2016.)

Francisco is actually in the Diamond Lounge now. Gama has moved to the Concierge Lounge since Mario is on vacation. Different ships do this differently, if you don't hear from Gama before your cruise I suggest you email him should you need anything. SR_Concierge@rccl.com

The last time we sailed in a suite, the ships concierge contacted us around Day 40 to find out if we had any special requests, etc. However, to date, we have not heard anything from the concierge. Perhaps the process has changed? I might be too early.

6. Does anyone have a recent Cruise Compass available (from this season) they can share? Looking for "extra curricular" activities, e.g., trivia, enrichment, etc. not to mention typical promotions being offered (realize they can change sailing-to-sailing), etc.
    See link above

7. The BIG One: What Beverage Package promotions are being offered? I have reviewed as many threads as I can related to this - being the whole program is rather new it's hard to find info - so any help from recent passengers is greatly appreciated.
    right now the big thing is 10 drink for $80 on Day 4. Use it whenever, where ever and who ever. see my link, I have the details in there

Background:
    we have booked the "Royal Refreshment Package" (it more than pay's for itself), but trying to decide to upgrade to the "Premium Package" now or wait until we are on the ship? Although the new program is great, it has thrown a new wrinkle into things and what we do.

Only you can decide what's right for your budget. If you have concierge lounge access, cocktail hour is from 4:30 to 8. maybe take that into consideration.

Sorry for all the questions. I just feel a bit in the dark.

A great big thank you for any help and guidance offered.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the 2/5 10 night. The ports of call were very nice, we had great weather, and our cabin and cabin attendant were wonderful.

If you can do it, the Chef's Table was one of the best we have tried. :)

We are returning next February also, but doing the 11 night this time. It is the old Legend 10/11 night

itinerary.

Edited by island lady

If you can do it, the Chef's Table was one of the best we have tried. :)

We are leaving next week on the 10 night. Glad to hear you enjoyed Chef's Table. We love it and have done 3 other ships. Just booked it for next week. Thanks for the recommendation.

We are leaving next week on the 10 night. Glad to hear you enjoyed Chef's Table. We love it and have done 3 other ships. Just booked it for next week. Thanks for the recommendation.

You are welcome. Enjoy the Chef's Table. It was the best one yet of any of the other

ships we have been on IMHO. :)

Edited by island lady