new cancellation policy clarification

bnorris10

If I put my deposit down on a cruise for just a inside room for a 7 day trip and cancel before 120 days do I lose my deposit?

I noticed that for the haven it says Greater than 120 days prior to sailing $0 but it does not have that for 7+ days section just starts with 89 days losing 25%

If I put my deposit down on a cruise for just a inside room for a 7 day trip and cancel before 120 days do I lose my deposit?

I noticed that for the haven it says Greater than 120 days prior to sailing $0 but it does not have that for 7+ days section just starts with 89 days losing 25%

My reading would be NO.

Mike

• 5 months later...

This is just dumb on NCL's part. Would it kill them to include a line showing there is no fee outside of whatever date?

Unless it's intentional, and there is a fee. But if that was truly the case, it seems they'd have to state it.

(For example, the first line under 7 days or more is 89-76 days is a 25% cancellation fee. So what is it for 90 days or more? Presumably no fee, but just say it so everyone knows for 100% certain.)

The chart is stupid.

What's even stupider is that NCL has quit including the cancellation schedule on the CONFIRMATION.pdf document. There is no good reason I can think of to do this.

I get what NCL is trying to do in the chart, but it certainly is hard to understand what the cancellation schedule is for cabins other than suites. The way the chart is designed makes it appear that all those schedules apply to Haven/Suites. There is no mention of other categories which is obviously confusing.

For the OP, yes, you can cancel up to 90 days out on a 7+ day voyage and receive 100% refund (0% fee).

The issue has come up several times here and I can't imagine that NCL is unaware that they simply forgot to put these lines in the chart. They just don't care enough to fix it. Doesn't matter that this is actually part of their contract with customers, they are happy to publish policies and terms that are full of mistakes, omissions, and gibberish, and it often stays like that for months. :(