Is there Fosters Oil Can beer on Princess?

ottmar

Come on.. We all know that Fosters is Australian for beer.. :p

Seems what the world thinks, but seriously no one drinks it.

My dad carted beer for over 50 years.

A truck load, hundreds of cartons, may have been 2 or 3 cartons of Fosters.

They make the oil can 'cause that's what it tastes like.

Seems what the world thinks, but seriously no one drinks it.

My dad carted beer for over 50 years.

A truck load, hundreds of cartons, may have been 2 or 3 cartons of Fosters.

They make the oil can 'cause that's what it tastes like.

No no no I withdraw that.

Oil probably tastes better.

You know the difference between a beer lover and a beer snob?

icon10.gifDrinking Fosters beer is a little like eating at "McD's." We all say we'll never do that again, and six months later ........

We've had Fosters available in Canada for years, and every time I buy one, I say "never again". It has usually sold at a discount on many cruises we've been on. And, forgetting my "never again", I foolishly buy one on the first day.

I guess you need to be Australian to truly appreciate the subtle qualities of that beer!!!icon9.gif

icon10.gifDrinking Fosters beer is a little like eating at "McD's." We all say we'll never do that again, and six months later ........

We've had Fosters available in Canada for years, and every time I buy one, I say "never again". It has usually sold at a discount on many cruises we've been on. And, forgetting my "never again", I foolishly buy one on the first day.

I guess you need to be Australian to truly appreciate the subtle qualities of that beer!!!icon9.gif

Seriously as GUT said, we do not drink Fosters in Australia. You can go into any liquor store and it will be stacked to the roof with cartons of beer for sale and not one carton of Fosters to be seen. Not for average Aussie suburbia or country towns anyway, I have seen some in major Tourist areas.

Its a marketing tool to make it appear that it is a quintessential Australian beer when it is anything but.

I've been working in Australia the last two years and have never seen anyone here drink Fosters. It isn't carried in any pub or bottle shop I've been in.

However... when sailing on the Diamond Princess from Sydney, they DID have stubbies (bottles) of Fosters. I only saw a few of the Chinese passengers drinking them. Everyone else went with beers that are actually drunk in Australia, like Crown Lager, VB, Carlton Dry, or Corona.