First time cruise transportation?

sandheichert

I am no expert 2 Princess cruises and a HAL 21 day Panama in 50 days... Excited

Everyone on the boards here say come in a day early... what if plane delays, or other... if you come in the day of cruise leave early.

Myself I need a wheelchair and the cruise companies provide "at cost" transportation. I am sure your cruise line willl pick you up and the airport and deliever you back if needed. - call them, it's little or no fee. A bus service. I saw it on both crusies with Princess. I hear other people talking about having the cruise company transfer you. You can call a taxi also - expenses will vary.

Edited by GoneJohnson

We are a first time cruise family. Escape Nov 5 2016. From Nj I'm looking for suggestions. Fly into Fll is a bit cheaper. Do you fly in the night before? Day of? How do you get to the port? Should we just drive to FL? Thanks!

Not knowing the American railways; can you get there by Amtrac? NCL have a concession with them.

Personally I would NEVER choose to fly to arrive at the port on the day of departure under any circumstances.

If you fly in there are plenty of hotels that do airport shuttles and also will arrange shuttle to the port. We stayed in the BW on Flagler, not cheap but not too expensive.

Mike

Not knowing the American railways; can you get there by Amtrac? NCL have a concession with them.

Personally I would NEVER choose to fly to arrive at the port on the day of departure under any circumstances.

If you fly in there are plenty of hotels that do airport shuttles and also will arrange shuttle to the port. We stayed in the BW on Flagler, not cheap but not too expensive.

Mike

Regular fare would be around $300, and take around 30 hours. A flight costs around the same, but under 3 hours.

I'd fly in the day before.

I fly into FLL the day before and stay in Miami. For my Escape cruise I used Jiffy Jeff for transportation from FLL to my Miami hotel. It was $15pp. I've used SAS Transport before but have had some issues, Jiffy Jeff was AMAZING! I will use them again :)

For my return trip, I stayed in Ft. Lauderdale an extra night and none of the shared ride companies would go to the hotel I was staying at. I ended up using Uber, which was a fantastic deal. It was $34 for my husband and I plus tip. We waited about 2 minutes at the port until the driver showed up. It was great to be in a car and out of the port in minutes. Shared ride pick up at the port is chaotic and not a fun way to end a relaxing week.

Never day of. We fly into FLL, get FLL hotel with free airport shuttle, use SAS shuttle the next morning to POM, always had great service. However, we have driven down also. Live in Tennessee. Just depends on how much time you have available and do you like driving. But do get there the day before. Too much can go wrong trying to arrive on cruise day.