Yet another Drink Package question

sleeper2

I am going on a 7 day cruise on Jewel next week. Thinking about purchasing the drink package for nights 3-7 as the first two days are port intensive. We board on Sunday- I would not have the package on Sun-Tues. Does the drink package that I would purchase( for remaining 4 days) then start at midnight on Tuesday and then would be valid until departure day (Sunday morning)?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am going on a 7 day cruise on Jewel next week. Thinking about purchasing the drink package for nights 3-7 as the first two days are port intensive. We board on Sunday- I would not have the package on Sun-Tues. Does the drink package that I would purchase( for remaining 4 days) then start at midnight on Tuesday and then would be valid until departure day (Sunday morning)?

The drink package starts whenever you purchase it, and lasts until your final disembarkation. Purchase it on Wednesday.

Edited by clarea

I was planning on doing something similar. I wanted to start it the second day of the cruise in the morning to get some specialty coffees. Am I able to purchase the package on the tv in my room and then go down to guest services for my sticker/souvenir cup? Would this save me any time, or would it be just as effective to go through the whole process at guest services?

it becomes valid the second you buy it. if you do not want to pay for tuesday, but it Wednesday morning.

I was planning on doing something similar. I wanted to start it the second day of the cruise in the morning to get some specialty coffees. Am I able to purchase the package on the tv in my room and then go down to guest services for my sticker/souvenir cup? Would this save me any time, or would it be just as effective to go through the whole process at guest services?

You buy the drink package at any bar.

We were on the Indy last year and could not get anyone to sell it to us very early in the morning on day two. The bars told us we had to go to cafe promenade. Cafe promenade told us to go to guest services. Then guest services told us we had to go to the table which didn't open until 10am. I would guess like most things it will vary by ship or even by sailing but that was our experience we could not purchase on day 2 until 10am.

I believe the days run until 4 or 5 am. We asked about that onboard since we were delayed boarding and I didn't want to pay for the drink package for just a few hours of that day. They told me I had to wait until the next morning. I think a "day" runs until the bars close down which on our cruise was around 3 am. Since you can use your package at 1 am on disembarkation morning and didn't pay for that calendar day, it makes sense that they run until the bars close.

I'm thinking the OP is wondering if they wait until 12:01am Tuesday night (technically Wednesday morning) will it work or do they have to wait till, 6am or 7am to not pay for Tuesday.

dp

my SWAG, purely based on absolutely ZERO experience, firsthand knowledge or education, is that as long as a bar is open, it's still 'that day' so when the last bar shuts down for the night( 2, 3 am, maybe? I dunno I am old and in bed by 10) 'that day' ends for accounting purposes.

Be aware, I am going to do that too, but I have been told you MUST appear in person to use your onboard credits. I am told you have to wait until 10 am the morning you wish to purchase.

We are on the Liberty on Feb 7th, a Sunday. We don't want to have the package on that Sunday or Monday. So Tuesday am we are going to buy the ultimate package. They charge us for Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri and Saturday, (five days). Sunday we disembark.

Elaine