Cost of Specialty Restaurants

azle

I have tried to research the current cost of surcharge for Tuscany, Murano and

Silk Harvest on the Equinox. The only thing I have been able to find is outdated. Does anybody know the latest cost for individual nights not a package? Thanks

Agreed - I can only get the NZ prices online, which obviously will differ from the US that I will be charged on board (want to use OBC instead of prepay). And there's nothing that specifies the exchange rate at Celebrity, so maths doesn't help [emoji6]

Since I wasn't able to edit my post quickly enough (20 minute deadline), here is the complete version:

Try:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano#

Select "Cost" and a pop-up window should state the per person amount. For example, Murano shows as $50pp. Select "View Restaurant Directory" to see other restaurant per person prices:

Bistro on Five: $10 - Constellation, Summit, Infinity, Millennium, Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection - Meals Served: All

Blu: Included for AquaClass guests; for Suite guests, based on availability - Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection, Infinity, Summit, Millennium, Constellation - B, D

Lawn Club Grill: $45 - Silhouette, Reflection - Varies

Luminae: Included for Suite Class guests - Eclipse, Equinox, Silhouette, Solstice, Reflection, Constellation, Infinity, Millennium, Summit - B, L, D

Murano: $50 - Eclipse, Solstice, Silhouette, Equinox, Reflection - D

Ocean Liners: $50 - Constellation - D

Qsine: $45 - Eclipse, Infinity, Silhouette, Summit, Millennium, Reflection - D

Silk Harvest: $35 - Solstice, Equinox - D

The Normandie: $50 - Summit - D

The Olympic: $50 - Millennium - D

The Porch: $25 - Sihouette, Reflection - L, D

Tuscan Grille: $45 - Eclipse, Solstice, Silhouette, Constellation, Equinox, Reflection - L, D

Edited by gbp

With the state of the Canadian dollar,we will be passing on the specialty restos. We've done them all anyways. Unless of course,there is some kind of "fire" sale due to lack of interest.

We have done all the specialty restaurants in past sailings and to be honest, while service was more personal and the ambiance is nicer, the food was not worth the additional $50 USD per person.

We will not be using the specialty restaurants anymore, just not worth the money for us.

Try:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano#

Select "Cost" and a pop-up window should state the per person amount. For example, Mutano shows as $50pp. Select "View Restaurant Directory" to see other restaurant per person prices:

Lawn Club Grill: $45

Thank you for this tutorial!!! I have also been on their website and could not find the prices!

While there is a suggested retail price at all of the specialty restaurants, you can negotiate on the MSRP. We returned recently from a cruise on the Silhouette and were able to get reduced pricing at the two specialty restaurants where we chose to dine. If you don't ask, you don't get.

We were able to receive a 30% discount on 4 visits (2@) to Murano and Tuscan Grill during our just completed (yesterday) Equinox cruise. We got a 30% Aqua Class discount for the first night (Murano) and then requested a price for a 3-dinner package that did not include the Silk Harvest. They agreed to give us the 3-dinner package (1 more time in Murano, and 2 in Tuscan Grill) with a discounted price of 30% for the package. Each night cost $66 for two of us.

We obtained these prices immediately upon embarkation (before the cabins were ready). We went straight to Murano and the person there arranged the deal. However, he had to call someone to get permission to offer the 3-package deal of 30% off without visiting the Silk Harvest.

With the state of the Canadian dollar,we will be passing on the specialty restos. We've done them all anyways. Unless of course,there is some kind of "fire" sale due to lack of interest.

That is an excellent point. As I was reading through the "I Survived the Classic Drink Package" thread I was wondering about people surviving not dining in specialty upsold restaurants. I remember cruising when no such thing existed and they strived to make the best food in the MDR. You pay so much to go on a cruise to start with and with the pleasure of now paying a premium as Canadians welllll.

These are the best way to get discounts at the Specialty Restaurants. On a recent TA on the Reflection every day at lunch there were SR staff walking around selling reservations for that night, usually at pretty good discounts. You can buy a package too, but X usually dictates where you have to go for one of them.

Some have commented on the SR not being worth it, but I don't agree. If you were to have a meal like the one you get in Murano, for example, you would easily pay $100US p.p. For some of the others remember that you can order as much as you want. The Lawn Club Grille is one of our favorites: awesome salad bar, fresh baked bread, pizza appetizer, entree and of course the warm chocolate cookie and ice cream for dessert. All that for $45! And if you go to any particular restaurant more than once they almost always remember what you ordered (in case you forget).

On our last cruise, there were discounts only available on the first night. 20%. Nothing else was discounted.

Some people take into consideration that they have already paid for a meal in the MDR or Blu in determining the true cost of a Specialty Restaurant. It does add up and you have to consider the addition tip that most people leave at these Specialty Restaurants.

LOL. With state of the American dollar I think we will be passing also. Celebrity seems to have been in a rush in the past couple of years to see how far they can push the price envelope for specialty dining. I think they may have exceeded their ambition. The only thing left will be to further degrade the MDR food to push more into paying to dine in the specialty venues.