Emerald disembarkation today

RMM34667

The lines to board are crazy long. We got here about 10:15 and are toward the front. We're still standing outside. They haven't even let us in the terminal yet. Glad we're near the front of this line and not the ever-farther back of it!

The preferred check in line is now moving. Those of us in the regular line are still stuck here. Sucks that hundreds and hundreds of people are getting in front of us when we've been standing here all morning. Lots of discontent in the regular line. Creating the appearance of a class system, and no one likes it.

Lots of discontent in the regular line. Creating the appearance of a class system, and no one likes it.
They earned that right. It has nothing to do with a class system other than in the small minds of some people. No different really from early boarding on a plane if you've paid or used miles for Business or First Class. Edited by Pam in CA

The preferred check in line is now moving. Those of us in the regular line are still stuck here. Sucks that hundreds and hundreds of people are getting in front of us when we've been standing here all morning. Lots of discontent in the regular line. Creating the appearance of a class system, and no one likes it.

I agree with Pam in CA; being Platinum means I have earned the preferred boarding line. I have been where you are at in the regular line, several times. Everyone has the opportunity to get preferred boarding.......

Hope your cruise is great! :)

It is definitely a class system and those of us who are Elite or Platinum, we have earned (and payed for) the opportunity to go to the head of that class.

If you didn't want to stand in line for hours then you could have arrived at the port during the recommended time (after 1:30 pm) and probably could have walked right on the ship. Seems like you've created your own problems.

They earned that right. It has nothing to do with a class system other than in the small minds of some people. No different really from early boarding on a plane if you've paid or used miles for Business or First Class.

I wonder why they call it first CLASS

Seems like a class system to me.

And, like all class systems -- those benefiting love it.

Others, not so much.

I agree with Pam in CA; being Platinum means I have earned the preferred boarding line. I have been where you are at in the regular line, several times. Everyone has the opportunity to get preferred boarding.......

Hope your cruise is great! :)

Very well said and totally agree:).

Just wondering if you would feel the same if you qualified for the preferred boarding:confused:.

The purpose of my posts was to give fair warning. . Princess does usually do a great job with boarding early despite their recommendation of arriving later - I knew this would not be one of those days.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Of course it is a class system. It is one of those things that a cruise line can do to make their "frequent repeaters" feel special while costing the cruise line nothing. But as noted above, those people have paid for this perk by doing multiple cruises and thus spending thousands of dollars on the cruise line.

The people in the regular line could have opted for the preferred line--all they had to do was to pay for a suite. Basic bottom line, you get what you've paid for, whether you paid it all at once in a suite booking or in multiple cruises over time.

There are times when the preferred line is longer than the regular line!

I was on that cruise too trying to disembark on 1/23. Almost missed our flight (and half our luggage did miss the flight)

When they let us off just after 10 I honestly had to wonder if it really was customs that was backed up. The line moved fast once we were in it.

Also we got to the lounge early and they had been letting ALL walkoff groups go at 8:30 because they were behind. To me this says customs wasn't behind but baggage was. Because if the customs lines are long you don't want to add more people with a later time into it. But if baggage was behind it would make sense to get anyone that didn't need baggage off so that once baggage starting to come out customs didn't fall behind with the slew of extra people.