How to kill time at MIA w/ a 5:30am arrival

Alexv500

Hi all! Someone has probably already asked this but I couldn't find a thread with this topic. My question is what can one do to kill time at Miami airport before heading to the cruise port when flying in the day of the cruise? Part of my group will be flying in the day of and they arrive to MIA from LAX at 5:30am via American Airlines and I am wondering what they can do to kill some time while they wait to go head to the Carnival Glory. (Me and the rest of the group are flying in the day before and will be staying at a nearby hotel). Has anyone been in this situation before? They'll be flying in with 3 kids as well, including a 2 year old. Is there any buses to head to downtown or do something? This is their first cruise and first time ever in Miami. Thanks!

Edited by Alexv500

Hi all! Someone has probably already asked this but I couldn't find a thread with this topic. My question is what can one do to kill time at Miami airport before heading to the cruise port when flying in the day of the cruise? Part of my group will be flying in the day of and they arrive to MIA from LAX at 5:30am via American Airlines and I am wondering what they can do to kill some time while they wait to go head to the Carnival Glory. (Me and the rest of the group are flying in the day before and will be staying at a nearby hotel). Has anyone been in this situation before? They'll be flying in with 3 kids as well, including a 2 year old. Is there any buses to head to downtown or do something? This is their first cruise and first time ever in Miami. Thanks!

Why don't they come to your hotel and join you for breakfast . This way they'll have access to cleaner facilities for the kids.

Three options.

They could join you at your hotel for breakfast.

Have breakfast at the Miami Airport

Go to another restaurant in Miami for breakfast.

You are wise to arrive the day before. You will be well rested and don't have to worry that you miss the ship if the flight they are on is cancelled.

Keith

Better yet, let them reserve a room for the night before and let the hotel know they will not check in until about 6:00. Ask for late check-out. A few hours sleep, breakfast, maybe a dip in the pool and a shower will make the world of difference. Grab a cab or shuttle to the port about 1:00

Better yet, let them reserve a room for the night before and let the hotel know they will not check in until about 6:00. Ask for late check-out. A few hours sleep, breakfast, maybe a dip in the pool and a shower will make the world of difference. Grab a cab or shuttle to the port about 1:00

THIS!!

OMG a jet lagged two year old? That could potentially ruin the trip for everyone.

I highly suggest a hotel room with a four or five hour nap and a late embarkation.

When they get to the hotel have them ask for a late check out.

There isn't going to be anything open downtown Miami at 6am.

Edited by BlueHerons

THIS!!

OMG a jet lagged two year old? That could potentially ruin the trip for everyone.

I highly suggest a hotel room with a four or five hour nap and a late embarkation.

Other than CVS. :)

I just can't see starting a cruise jet lagged. Ouch.

Keith

THIS!!

Oh I know!! I told them they're crazy for picking this flight! I'm worried about the little guy, he's quite the interesting one, it'll be interesting to see how he handles his first plane ride!

Thank you everyone for the great advice! I will definitely be forwarding your advice to them and see what they will do! I would've never thought about getting a hotel for a few hours, that's a brilliant idea! :) If they don't get a hotel, I will see if they want to meet up at the hotel, and once onboard, nap time for sure! It'll be interesting to see how they handle the jet lag, Lol!

Edited by Alexv500

Thank you everyone for the great advice! I will definitely be forwarding your advice to them and see what they will do! I would've never thought about getting a hotel for a few hours, that's a brilliant idea! :) If they don't get a hotel, I will see if they want to meet up at the hotel, and once onboard, nap time for sure! It'll be interesting to see how they handle the jet lag, Lol!

If you all want to book at the same hotel, they can book conventionally but they need to talk to the front desk around three that day and check in with the front desk of the hotel AGAIN before they board so their room isn't given away.

Jet lag is going to be horrible on the kids. This just has the potential to be a mess for the poor parents.

If you all want to book at the same hotel, they can book conventionally but they need to talk to the front desk around three that day and check in with the front desk of the hotel AGAIN before they board so their room isn't given away.

Jet lag is going to be horrible on the kids. This just has the potential to be a mess for the poor parents.

That's a great idea! The jet lag is going to be tough, but the kids are very well behaved and are extremely excited for this vacation, I'm hoping they won't be cranky and grumpy, they're very well behaved kids (one is 10 & the other is 7) so hopefully they'll be too excited to let the jet lag get them :) Fingers are crossed for a smooth sailing!

Edited by Alexv500