Parking at NYC cruise terminal

blueflower1968

How much does it cost to park at the cruise terminal in NYC?

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

Parking Rates Effective January 2016

Daily Rate: Up to 10 Hours

(For drop offs/visitors) $35.00

Cruise Parking

1 to 10 nights $40.00/per night

Extended Cruise Parking

11 to 30 nights $400.00

Taxes are included in the rates. Payment is due upon arrival into the parking lot. There is no upcharge for sport utility vehicles.

Payment accepted by cash and Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards.

Hours

Cruise parking opens at 9:00 A.M. Check out at 1:00 P.M.

Additional Parking

Additional parking lots are located at 59th Street.

No Reservations

We do not accept reservations. Space is subject to availability and is provided to cruise parkers on a first come, first serve basis.

Height Restriction

8’3″ height restriction for all passenger vehicles.

Thanks everyone! I think I will take the bus from Providence, it's only 65 round trip to NYC

Good call, I think! A $200 savings is nothing to scoff at. I assume that bus arrives at the Port Authority? You will easily be able to get a taxi, and it isn't too far to the pier (the Port Authority bus terminal is at 42nd St. and 8th Ave.). The cab ride won't be very expensive. Happy travels!

Good call, I think! A $200 savings is nothing to scoff at. I assume that bus arrives at the Port Authority? You will easily be able to get a taxi, and it isn't too far to the pier (the Port Authority bus terminal is at 42nd St. and 8th Ave.). The cab ride won't be very expensive. Happy travels!

I know there is one bus line in the upper NY and New England area that drops off and picks up right at the terminal. DW and I might try that the next time we sail out of NYC (we had 5 people sailing last time and the parking was less than taking the bus).

Check the manhattan cruise terminal website. Sometimes they have coupons to save on parking rates. We found one for our cruise last year and saved $80.

We have used the 25% off coupons the past couple of years, but no coupons seem to be available now.

We've always parked at Park Right a few blocks away. They jump in your car and drive you to the cruise terminal. It is only a few blocks to walk there when you get home. Also I have never used them, but I have heard good things about Valet Anywhere. They meet you at the terminal to get your car. Both of these places are much cheaper than parking at NYC cruise terminal.

Thanks everyone! I think I will take the bus from Providence, it's only 65 round trip to NYC

Did you check for parking costs in Providence? They may be as much if not more than parking in NYC for an extended stay. We looked at Mega Bus but could not find any parking area at the stop and there were 6 of us so driving in was more economical.We chose to drive to the port parking area and it was easy access in and out - we also found a coupon for terminal parking but it was safe and protected and our car was right there when we returned.

Edited by cinbol

I have read that some buses have been cancelled from Boston and maybe Providence and Worcester going to the NY port. Also I understand that they stop at so many locations that it takes a lot longer than expected. For us we are 5 people so at $100 each driving ended up less money. I would have preferred the bus but it did not work out.

Also watch out for marathons as they will block roads making car sevices difficult for pickups.....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

So true! This happened to us twice and we had parked at the pier with a plan of taking the Lincoln Tunnel. The tunnel was closed and if this happens, take a left out of the cruise terminal and head for the George Washington Bridge. Stick to the route along the water or you will be trapped!

• 4 months later...

Hello! We are sailing on the Breakaway in mid July and are planning to park at the Manhattan terminal pier, but they don't take reservations - has anyone had the issue where the parking lot was full or is there plenty of parking? About what time did you arrive? Thank you in advance for your insight!! :)

We've parked on the Manhattan terminal roof many, many times.

We've never had a problem finding a spot.

Aim to arrive at the terminal around 10:00 - 10:30 A.M. The passengers from the previous sailing are usually gone by then, freeing up plenty of spaces.

Drive up the Viaduct Ramp at 55th Street & 12th Avenue.

Pay when you enter...Visa, MasterCard, or cash.

Look for a porter in the parking lot, or take the elevator down to where the porters are. We give a $5 total tip for the two suitcases we're checking.

Have fun!