So excited about major price reduction on August Mediterranean on Reflection

Boscodog

We have been planning our 30th anniversary celebration with a Mediterranean cruise for almost a year now. I check the prices every few days and have made downward adjustments to our price several times. The prices have been pretty steady for the last few months and when I checked last night the prices were down over $400 per person for the Aqua class category. I got right on the phone to my TA and adjusted my fare. Sooo excited!!! I started the roll call over 6 months ago and there still has not been any members to join me. I am hoping this lower price will spur some excitement for bookings.

I also noticed the price drop, not for my stateroom, but for a category below. Decided to down grade and saved thousands! Went from two celebrity suites to two sky suites (with the new added perks to SS, we only really lose a separate sleeping area) but saved $17k. Well worth the down grade! And we added all 4 perks! Looking forward to our cruise!

I also noticed the price drop, not for my stateroom, but for a category below. Decided to down grade and saved thousands! Went from two celebrity suites to two sky suites (with the new added perks to SS, we only really lose a separate sleeping area) but saved $17k. Well worth the down grade! And we added all 4 perks! Looking forward to our cruise!

You SAVED $17,000??! That was some expensive cruise!!

Yes. We had celebrity suites, at $17,500 for two people. The sky suites are costing us $8900 for two people. Huge difference in cost. With sky suites now allowed in michaels and with the price drop, it didnt make sense to keep the CS.

Yes. We had celebrity suites, at $17,500 for two people. The sky suites are costing us $8900 for two people. Huge difference in cost. With sky suites now allowed in michaels and with the price drop, it didnt make sense to keep the CS.

Can I be adopted??

We have been planning our 30th anniversary celebration with a Mediterranean cruise for almost a year now. I check the prices every few days and have made downward adjustments to our price several times. The prices have been pretty steady for the last few months and when I checked last night the prices were down over $400 per person for the Aqua class category. I got right on the phone to my TA and adjusted my fare. Sooo excited!!! I started the roll call over 6 months ago and there still has not been any members to join me. I am hoping this lower price will spur some excitement for bookings.

We are booked for the summer but I cannot see any reduction in the fares?

Yep. We gotten 2 price drops in this last week for our E.Med Reflection 9/19/16. We are in Aqua A2 and total savings for us were about $500pp. Nice.........for the record, C1 Concierge is about $350pp more, or about the same as our A2 cabin was before this last price drop.

I think X is realizing that people will only pay what make sense. And they end up with a lot of empty cabins across the fleet. Today I see several good price drops in different cat for different itineraries.

Lots of people are afraid to travel to Europe this year, so they are cutting prices to fill the ships. We have had some very large reductions on the May 31 Connie sailing (and also many cabin categories completely sold out). But prices in the Caribbean this year and next (already) are going up up up!

Lots of people are afraid to travel to Europe this year, so they are cutting prices to fill the ships. We have had some very large reductions on the May 31 Connie sailing (and also many cabin categories completely sold out). But prices in the Caribbean this year and next (already) are going up up up!

I agree about being nervous about traveling to Europe. We have planned this trip for years to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Unless the situation becomes dire we will proceed cautiously. I would not be surprised if the Kusadesi Turkey port is replaced with something else.

Wow now that is a savings. Enjoy your cruise!!! I may upgrade to a suite if the price is right since I am in Aqua and paying for all 4 perks, but for now I am very happy with the price.

we are on the reflection end of july, have a total of 6 cabins booked, only the Sky Suites had a price drop, not the higher end ones. I will keep watching though.

Are you on the July 29th sailing? I just looked at those prices and all categories from ocean view, balcony, aqua, concierge and sky suite had price drops yesterday.

I have made downward adjustments to our price several times.

when I checked last night the prices were down over $400 per person

I got right on the phone to my TA and adjusted my fare.

I am hoping this lower price will spur some excitement for bookings.

We just had an $800 reduction for an S2 cabin on Reflection for Oct.

Congrats to anyone and/or everyone who gets price reductions on their cruises. :)

MY point here, is that this is undeniable proof that Celebrity is purposely inflating their "roll out" prices... and to an absolutely RIDICULOUS degree.

They are hoping/betting that people will simply cough up the money thinking "Well, that's just the way it is... guess we gotta pay that amount."

These PRICE REDUCTIONS are undeniable proof that you do NOT have to pay those prices, and you SHOULD NOT pay those ridiculous prices.

Think of all those misfortunate souls who DO pay inflated prices, but are NOT here on Cruise Critic to learn that you can get a REDUCTION before final payment or an upgrade after final payment. (or REALLY low prices by booking AFTER final payment) :(

I realize NO ONE is ever FORCED to book at any price, and any company is in business to make a profit.

Perhaps I am just a dinosaur who believes REASONABLE prices/profits make for happy customers who bring even more customers. :o

Edited by teecee60

I've just taken advantage of the huge price drop on our 2B balcony for our August Med cruise and saved nearly £1000 (around $1400), even after losing our original deposit (we've booked direct from the UK so dont get our deposit back), with the current Buy One Get One Half Price deal that's on now. We lost our OBC but still have our drinks package. Unfortunately in the UK we dont automatically have the right to price drops but they were nice enough to negotiate something for me to take advantage of the huge difference, even though I'd booked and paid for my flights via them when I originally booked, so couldn't just cancel and rebook as I've done in the past when sailing with RCCL.

Edited by jael001

Are you on the July 29th sailing? I just looked at those prices and all categories from ocean view, balcony, aqua, concierge and sky suite had price drops yesterday.

Yes we are on the July 29th. Did not see any price drop on the CS or RS suites. We were able to take the price drop on the Sky Suite.

Yes we are on the July 29th. Did not see any price drop on the CS or RS suites. We were able to take the price drop on the Sky Suite.

Yes the CS and RS are the only categories without the price drops. Keep looking. In any even enjoy your cruise!!!

Do all these itineraries with price drops call into Turkish ports?

Ours does, and was due to have an overnight in Istanbul that was cancelled, replaced with Bodrum and Chania, so it's possible that the removal of Istanbul has prompted the price cuts.