So excited about major price reduction on August Mediterranean on Reflection

Boscodog

More cheap Celebrity med cruises? This is what we had last year. We decided to book in May for the August and found Celebrity had the best price.

The brochure price for our 13 day cruise was £1699pp for an OV cabin (no extras) but when we booked online it had dropped to £966pp which was excellent...thats actually cheaper than our upcoming Carnival Med cruise.

Our cruise did not have Turkey as a stop.

More cheap Celebrity med cruises? This is what we had last year. We decided to book in May for the August and found Celebrity had the best price.

The brochure price for our 13 day cruise was £1699pp for an OV cabin (no extras) but when we booked online it had dropped to £966pp which was excellent...thats actually cheaper than our upcoming Carnival Med cruise.

Our cruise did not have Turkey as a stop.

Wow - does that come out around $1,400 US dollars for a 13 day Med cruise?

That is fantastic.

Lots of people are afraid to travel to Europe this year, so they are cutting prices to fill the ships. We have had some very large reductions on the May 31 Connie sailing (and also many cabin categories completely sold out). But prices in the Caribbean this year and next (already) are going up up up!

There is a drastic price drop for 10-14 days Caribbean sailings after final payment. I think this is the lowest I had ever seen - about 40% for balcony and cc gty vs pricing 2 weeks ago

Yes the CS and RS are the only categories without the price drops. Keep looking. In any even enjoy your cruise!!!

Despite all the talk about Celebrity pricing themselves out of the market, and about how letting mere Sky Suite pax into Michael's ruins the value of the higher suites -- on all the sailings I have checked it is the highest suites that sell out first and never see price reductions! Sky Suites, OTOH, have been offering some nice deals.

Istanbul is a very popular and wonderful city to visit. I am sure that now it has been removed or the overnights cancelled for 2016, has had a lot to do with the price drops. I had an email offering at least 5 discounted cruises to the eastern med. none of them included Istanbul, but at the moment Ephesus is still ok.

I just noticed the price drop also on our eastern Med 11 day Reflection cruise in late June. Was able to move from S2 to S1 and change promos from 123 to current "Best"( all 4 promos) and still save $1,000 today. I call that a good day. This is also going to be our 30th anniversary cruise and now we will have more for shopping:)

They are advertising heavily in UK and Ireland. The US market will be hit by the events and general uncertainty so the ships need to be filled in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to anyone and/or everyone who gets price reductions on their cruises. :)

MY point here, is that this is undeniable proof that Celebrity is purposely inflating their "roll out" prices... and to an absolutely RIDICULOUS degree.

They are hoping/betting that people will simply cough up the money thinking "Well, that's just the way it is... guess we gotta pay that amount."

These PRICE REDUCTIONS are undeniable proof that you do NOT have to pay those prices, and you SHOULD NOT pay those ridiculous prices.

Think of all those misfortunate souls who DO pay inflated prices, but are NOT here on Cruise Critic to learn that you can get a REDUCTION before final payment or an upgrade after final payment. (or REALLY low prices by booking AFTER final payment) :(

I realize NO ONE is ever FORCED to book at any price, and any company is in business to make a profit.

Perhaps I am just a dinosaur who believes REASONABLE prices/profits make for happy customers who bring even more customers. :o

Given the situation in the US where people can just cancel and not even lose a deposit and have no problem obtaining the price drops when they eventually happen is there any point in this strategy:confused:.

Obviously here in the UK people do lose their deposit but if the savings to be made nearer the time are huge then obviously it is a no brainer to just lose the deposit and get the cheaper price.

Edited by CABINET