NCL announces pregnant women can delay or reschedule due to Zika

Jezo

I wouldn't even want to risk getting pregnant while on cruise in the affected areas. This virus is devastating to a developing fetus and scientists have no idea about the particulars. Latin American and Caribbean countries are telling residents to delay and avoid pregnancy, like it will be effective:rolleyes:.

I hope that by the time the virus reaches the US we will have a vaccine ready. This is one virus that needs to be annihilated quickly.

It's been reported here (in Canada) too, 3 cases reported already.

Yes, but all US cases thus far have been imported.

From the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/

Zika in the United States and its territories:

• No locally transmitted Zika cases have been reported in the continental United States, but cases have been reported in returning travelers.
  • Locally transmitted Zika virus has been reported in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
  • With the recent outbreaks, the number of Zika cases among travelers visiting or returning to the United States will likely increase.
  • These imported cases could result in local spread of the virus in some areas of the United States.

Hi,

This is my first time posting!

My family was supposed to sail on the Escape this afternoon. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant.

At first when I called to find out they had told me that I would have a 1 year credit to use the funds. When I asked what the minimum age was they said 6 months. My new baby would not be 6 months by the time my credit would expire. I asked them to find out if there was a way to extend it by a few months. The next day I received a phone call stating that I would have two years from the date of sail for the credit.

We were all set to go until Wednesday when St. Thomas was added to the watch list. I currently have two bummed kids who were excited to go away for the week. It stinks to have to unpack suitcases but not worth the risk!

I was truly impressed with the way it was handled and that's why we will continue to travel NCL.

I just hope my parents and brother have a great week without us!