Coffee Card Question

Sea and Me

This question may have been asked before if it was forgive me for asking again. We were on a cruise in April '15 to Hawaii and we purchased a coffee card. I have 4 unused spaces. We are going on the Royal Princess in November and I was wondering may I use the unused portion of the card? I intend to purchase another card once on board.

Thank you and have a good day.

Carol

Yes. You can use up the remaining punches for coffee/tea/specialty coffees but you don't get the free brewed coffee (you'll have to use a punch for those too).

Some of the barista's are less diligent than others about using the punches on old cards for brewed coffee.

This question may have been asked before if it was forgive me for asking again. We were on a cruise in April '15 to Hawaii and we purchased a coffee card. I have 4 unused spaces. We are going on the Royal Princess in November and I was wondering may I use the unused portion of the card? I intend to purchase another card once on board.

Thank you and have a good day.

Carol

Yes the punches are still good.

Yes. I have a card that I am taking on my next cruise that has a few punches left and will buy another one once onboard. I don't think there is an expiration date for the unused punches, at least I hope not.:eek:

So far there is not an expiration. We plan on doing the same thing with our coffee card -- use up the unpunched spots and buy a new one as I think we only have 2 punches left. We much prefer the brewed coffee over the syrup from the buffet area and room service.

I was wondering may I use the unused portion of the card?

Carol

You can also use a punch to pay for gelato on the Royal.

So far there is not an expiration. We plan on doing the same thing with our coffee card -- use up the unpunched spots and buy a new one as I think we only have 2 punches left. We much prefer the brewed coffee over the syrup from the buffet area and room service.

Royal Princess does NOT use syrup, but rather coffee from ground beans.

Yes. If you want plain brewed coffee they will use one of the punches. But you can also still use it for specialty coffees.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Yes. You can use up the remaining punches for coffee/tea/specialty coffees but you don't get the free brewed coffee (you'll have to use a punch for those too).

Some of the barista's are less diligent than others about using the punches on old cards for brewed coffee.

Since all the regular coffee is the same at both the IC & Horizon the barista's don't care one way or the other if you have a coffee card.

Unused punches are accepted for specialty coffee on another ship, as printed on the coffee card.

Can be used on unlimited brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolates only on ship where it was issued.

If one barista turns you away because the card was issued on another cruise try another barista. They all don't check that closely especially towards the end of the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
The punches are good and I believe they will get punched for brewed coffee. Since they started issuing the new pattern of coffee cards I believe it is to flush out the old style where there is abuse using them for fresh brewed.

We just trade in our setups for new cards to use them for the drip coffee & use the old cards for the punched coffee.

It'll be many, many years before all the old cards go away.

I promised a report from my latest cruise. The coffee card WAS accepted on the Royal Princess (see date below). We both even enjoyed some gelato with the card (one punch for 2 scoops). So now I will keep it and try to use it on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise. I think there are about 10 punches left.