Complimentary Dining to A La Carte

Aqua23

Hello fellow cruisers,

I booked my wedding cruise back in February 2015 on Escape for April 2016, it's now time to make final payment and I've just been informed all the complimentary restaurants have been changed to a la carte. When did this happen? NCL did not inform myself or any of my guests. When I asked my cruise consultant she stated the new CEO is making these changes. Am I wrong to think a letter/email should have been issued to inform the cruisers of this huge change. I'm very upset and my wedding is already booked and my guest have already purchased flights and accommodations. Has anyone else experienced this? Did NCL accommodate you for the change? Any information, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hello fellow cruisers,

I booked my wedding cruise back in February 2015 on Escape for April 2016, it's now time to make final payment and I've just been informed all the complimentary restaurants have been changed to a la carte. When did this happen? NCL did not inform myself or any of my guests. When I asked my cruise consultant she stated the new CEO is making these changes. Am I wrong to think a letter/email should have been issued to inform the cruisers of this huge change. I'm very upset and my wedding is already booked and my guest have already purchased flights and accommodations. Has anyone else experienced this? Did NCL accommodate you for the change? Any information, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

I think you are misinformed. The SPECIALTY restaurants became a la carte...

Garden café, the 2 main dining rooms, and O'Sheehan's are complimentary still--there may be even more but I am not sure.

Edited by boopsahoy

Garden café, the 2 main dining rooms, and O'Sheehan's are complimentary still--there may be even more but I am not sure.

Actually...only SOME specialty restaurants became a la carte...

There is only one complimentary venue that went to a la carte and that is Margaritaville. Yes I do agree that it would have been nice (professional) of NCL to notify its guests with an email, but unfortunately that did not happen.

I hope you are able to get past this and just concentrate on having a wonderful wedding and honeymoon cruise.

All the best to you both.

Rochelle

Or perhaps they are confusing it with the new ala carte items on the Main dining room menus.

OP-The main dining rooms are still free, but they've now added additional items to the menus which are available at an upcharge. Think premium items such as lobster or prime steaks.

Hello fellow cruisers,

Thank you,

Do not panic, nothing really has changed other than Margaritaville is now a la Carte, other than that as the posting above all the other complimentary restaurants are still that way. The confusion probably comes from the complimentary restaurants offering A la carte items, meaning you can get your dinner at any of the complimentary restaurants from the regular menu, but you can also order items like lobster or prime meats for an extra charge.

do not let the misinformation ruin you wedding, everything is the same as before, Escape was always intended to be a la carte for the specialty restaurants. you gonna have a great time, i was on the Escape back in nov/2015 and is awesome.

Hello fellow cruisers,

Thank you,

This is how most rumors start. You were 'informed' incorrectly.

Thank you to everyone who replied. Yes miscommunication/misinformation. Jimmy buffet has changed from complimentary to a la carte. A la carte items have been added to complimentary menus. Specialty restaurants once flat fee have been changed to a la carte. Sorry to anyone who thought I was starting rumours, not my intention.

Thank you Teseo, we are all very excited for the cruise and wedding!

I wonder how they're handling the perk of a specialty dining experience for Platinum guests, and for the shareholders that get dinner for 2 when they're not eligible for OBC. Are they setting a dollar value not to be exceeded, or is the entire menu available to choose from?

How does a la carte work if you buy a specialty dining package?

No different really... "unlimited" appetizers, sides and dessert along with ONE entree. Extra entrees are $10 at certain venues.

Although other people have reported different things.. I guess depends on the server. But the above seems to be the most common.

I ate at Cagneys.. had 2 appetizers and 4 sides with my entree. All included in my UDP. :)

The Platinum meal is now limited to "one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert" (see the Latitudes benefits page). No idea about the shareholder dinner.

By the way, I had my first Platinum meal in Le Bistro on the Escape recently. I had heard that you only got the choice of a bottle of house red or white with the dinner, but instead I was offered a wine list of good size which I could choose from. I don't think they were premium wines but there was a nice variety. I had a Beringer White Zinfandel. I know, nothing fancy, but it's something I enjoy so I was pleased.:)

By the way, I had my first Platinum meal in Le Bistro on the Escape recently. I had heard that you only got the choice of a bottle of house red or white with the dinner, but instead I was offered a wine list of good size which I could choose from. I don't think they were premium wines but there was a nice variety. I had a Beringer White Zinfandel. I know, nothing fancy, but it's something I enjoy so I was pleased.:)

I had heard the same about the Platinum wine offer, that there was a "special" wine menu for Platinum diners. Last week however, we were given the regular wine menu, chose a bottle and did not have any additional charge.