What to do in Miami for one day?

2hearted

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton in Downtown Miami /Brickell? Can you see the Ocean or Port? How's the pool area, shops restaurants? Any suggestions on what to do all day? I know I can get info on TripAdvisor, but I like to hear from other cruisers who may have the same interests. There are 12 of us, 6 adults and 6 teenage girls going on spring break. We're coming in around noon on Good Friday and leaving Saturday on The Escape.

Just 2words: South Beach. Take a tour or, better yet, just cab it over and walk around yourself. Visit the museums, take in the Art Deco district, have lunch at any of the AMAZING ocean-view restaurants. Listen to some hot Latin music, have a mojito or a caipirinha. People watch. SoBe is my all-time favorite.

Just 2words: South Beach. Take a tour or, better yet, just cab it over and walk around yourself. Visit the museums, take in the Art Deco district, have lunch at any of the AMAZING ocean-view restaurants. Listen to some hot Latin music, have a mojito or a caipirinha. People watch. SoBe is my all-time favorite.

Agreed!

We've stayed there and I would recommend this hotel. Pool area was nice, it was outside though so too cold for me when we were there last January. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

You cannot see the port from the hotel, it was about a 5 minute drive.

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton in Downtown Miami /Brickell? Can you see the Ocean or Port? How's the pool area, shops restaurants? Any suggestions on what to do all day? I know I can get info on TripAdvisor, but I like to hear from other cruisers who may have the same interests. There are 12 of us, 6 adults and 6 teenage girls going on spring break. We're coming in around noon on Good Friday and leaving Saturday on The Escape.

You cannot see the water - you are away from the water/port.

Lots of shops, dining and nightlife within walking distance of the hotel.

I too would suggest spending part of your day visiting SB.

Good luck! :)

Hi stayed here last year pre cruise

Just one night, took shuttle to port in morning

It was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in

Pool area great, h and I enjoyed hot tub with a drink talking to other snow birds also going on cruises

Favorite part was early morning walk along water thru what must be a very high rent district

And easy walk to restaurants and a grocery store when we arrived

I posted photos on tripadvisor Feb 2015

Enjoy!