Gibbs Lighthouse to Horseshoe Beach

sayla27

I am thinking of stopping here either on my way to or from HB or as a break in the beach day.

I was planning to take the HB shuttle to and from the dock, but I know the lighthouse and the beach are on the #7 bus line. Could I walk from the beach to the lighthouse or would you recommend skipping the shuttle, using the bus and stopping there first? Thanks!

I am thinking of stopping here either on my way to or from HB or as a break in the beach day.

I was planning to take the HB shuttle to and from the dock, but I know the lighthouse and the beach are on the #7 bus line. Could I walk from the beach to the lighthouse or would you recommend skipping the shuttle, using the bus and stopping there first? Thanks!

It's theoretically walkable in terms of distance, but there are no sidewalks or shoulders along South Road so it's really too dangerous to walk between the two.

I'd take the #7 bus to the lighthouse and then take the #7 bus to the beach afterwards..

Edited by njhorseman

• 4 weeks later...

my girlfriend and I walked from horseshoe to the lighthouse last may when we were there. we are in our 20's and it was maybe a 30 minute walk, walking briskly. very beautiful walk and as a poster mentioned, some of the streets don't have any sidewalks. we did however encounter a huge dead frog and she screamed so loud my ear was ringing :D

enjoy