Lobster in main dining rooms(no longer there)

TreeCity

Lobster is not longer served in the main dining room UNLESS you wish to pay extra ($20) for a tail. So sad to be told that turf and surf is gone from the main dining. Also, there were no nights with shrimp cocktail. Just got back from a cruise and was told it was offered if I wished to pay for it, al la carte.

Now that they are charging for it I am hoping they will be a much higher quality then what they were serving in the MDR's. I wasn't sure if I was eating a small prawn instead of a lobster tail when it was inclusive. :p;)

Unless something has changed recently, the UDP does not apply to upcharge items in the MDRs. The UDP applies only to 'specialty' venues.

I look forward to seeing the answer to this. My parents have the UDP on our upcoming cruise to Alaska.

Now that they are charging for it I am hoping they will be a much higher quality then what they were serving in the MDR's. I wasn't sure if I was eating a small prawn instead of a lobster tail when it was inclusive. :p;)

I agree. A lot of the times they were overcooked and rubbery.

My friend ordered the lobster last week in the MDR on the Escape and thoroughly enjoyed it. They were celebrating their anniversary that night, so we were not with them, but she said it was an entire lobster, very tasty, and well worth the $20 upcharge.

Well, if you cruise every other year or every two or three years, most people won't keep up on the changes a line has introduced until they are researching or getting close to their next cruise. If someone is hearing news of a change for the first time it can be disappointing.

It's been gone from the MDRs for a couple years. For that reason, it's a good thing that there is at least an option to have it if people want it.

It was available on the Jade T/A in October 2015 at NO additional charge in MDR.

It was available on the Jewel last week at an EXTRA charge in MDR.

Go figure!

No it does not. It just menas youare uninformed!

Semantics......

Please be respectful of posters that come to CC for information as that is what the intent of CC is.

IMO, no one here seemed upset but you. :)

Happy and safe cruising all!!!

Will the up charge apply to people with the old UDP?

We sailed on the POA last December with the old UDP. Lobster was available in Cagney's. (We had it twice). The menu listed it as an upcharge item, but there was no upcharge with the UDP.

The only time we had to pay any additional charge was in the Asian restaurant for the a la carte sushi. Instead of the prices listed in the menu, with the UDP it was a flat $7 per person for all you could eat.

Edited by tempus137