Laundry on the Quest

Jarronwood

My husband and I board the Quest before its re-fit in a few weeks time (we have cruised before but not on Azamara) and I was wondering how does the laundry room work. Is it free, coin operated or? Do they have powder and softener or do we have to buy these. I have read that on sea days it can be a bit busy but as Im in the middle of packing I was wondering whether I will be able to wash my smalls. I don't like wet washing hanging around in the bathroom and generally my husband never takes enough shirts etc.

If someone can explain to me how the laundry works in principle I would be grateful. Do they provide ironing in the rooms?

Or I suppose I could send it to be washed and ironed by the ship. How does this work? Not keen though on sending me smalls etc but a couple of my husbands shirts and trousers would be good as would my linen trousers and tops but I really would prefer to do them myself.

Would welcome any comments please.

Hi Josie,

The laundry on Quest has 4 washers and dryers and they are free to use. There is laundry detergent but not softener. They can get very busy, especially on sea days, but you will not have any problem doing your laundry so long as you can sometimes be patient and wait for a machine to become available. You don't have to wait in the laundry for it to finish but be aware that if you are not back when the machine finishes then your laundry will probably be removed and put in a basket by the next person in line. (This bothers some people but not others :) )There are two irons and ironing boards in the laundry - you are not allowed to have irons in the cabins. You can get your laundry done by the ship, usually you put it out one day and get it back the next. The charges are on the form that you put in the bag. They do usually have a special once a cruise where it is a flat rate for your bag of laundry to be washed but not ironed. Hope this helps.

My husband and I board the Quest before its re-fit in a few weeks time (we have cruised before but not on Azamara) and I was wondering how does the laundry room work. Is it free, coin operated or? Do they have powder and softener or do we have to buy these. I have read that on sea days it can be a bit busy but as Im in the middle of packing I was wondering whether I will be able to wash my smalls. I don't like wet washing hanging around in the bathroom and generally my husband never takes enough shirts etc.

If someone can explain to me how the laundry works in principle I would be grateful. Do they provide ironing in the rooms?

Or I suppose I could send it to be washed and ironed by the ship. How does this work? Not keen though on sending me smalls etc but a couple of my husbands shirts and trousers would be good as would my linen trousers and tops but I really would prefer to do them myself.

Would welcome any comments please.

DIY laundry is no charge. Free soap is added by pushing a button. Do not push twice. Two irons in the laundry room. None in staterooms.

If you choose your moment, you may not have to wait for a machine. First thing in the morning is usually good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me. Pop the laundry in, go for a work out, ask hubby to get it and dry it and collect from the machine and to order brekkie in room.

How long does the wash take and the dryer?

I seem to recall that the Laundry Room is not supposed to be used before 7.00am to avoid disruption to guests in the rooms opposite. Since our LCV level gives us free laundry nowadays we haven't used it in a couple of years so maybe it's changed but it's worth checking out when you get on board.