Royal Caribbean pickup at airport

cheerldrmom

What happens is you get off your flight and go to luggage claim and get your luggage and there is a RCCL rep in the area who will guide you to your bus. BUT and it's a BIG BUT, then you sit on the bus waiting until it is full - maybe it will be 15 minutes, maybe it will be an hour or more. Hard to know. Typically the cruise line's bus costs around $49 per person. Yes, your luggage will arrive at the ship and there should be no problem (although, if you decide to do this and you take the bus back to the airport, watch carefully when they offload luggage for airlines which are not yours as we once had a situation where they offloaded our luggage at the wrong airline, so the bus had to go back and get it and meanwhile our luggage was sitting unattended by the curb! That incident is actually what convinced us we didn't want to use the cruise ship company buses anymore. We did get our luggage and nothing was missing, but it was a bit worrisome.

It is by far less expensive and less time consuming to take a taxi to the port. Boston Logan Airport is all of 11 minutes by taxi from the port and that means the fare will not be all that much - $45 for the taxi in total at most.

Cheaper and less time consuming, to me, I'd rather deal with my own luggage

Has anyone done this. I hear you leave your luggage when boarding at Logan (or wherever) and you don't handl it again till its in your cabin? Any stories missing luggage. Is this a good thing or bad.

I too avoid the ships (RCI) bus transfers...however when we have opted (best option) to use them we still have had to claim our luggage and then take it to the RCI bus transfer...also we haven't had to wait on the bus but rather in the terminal area (where the RCI rep directed us to) until the bus was ready for us to depart.

• 5 months later...
What happens is you get off your flight and go to luggage claim and get your luggage and there is a RCCL rep in the area who will guide you to your bus. BUT and it's a BIG BUT, then you sit on the bus waiting until it is full - maybe it will be 15 minutes, maybe it will be an hour or more. Hard to know. Typically the cruise line's bus costs around $49 per person. Yes, your luggage will arrive at the ship and there should be no problem (although, if you decide to do this and you take the bus back to the airport, watch carefully when they offload luggage for airlines which are not yours as we once had a situation where they offloaded our luggage at the wrong airline, so the bus had to go back and get it and meanwhile our luggage was sitting unattended by the curb! That incident is actually what convinced us we didn't want to use the cruise ship company buses anymore. We did get our luggage and nothing was missing, but it was a bit worrisome.

It is by far less expensive and less time consuming to take a taxi to the port. Boston Logan Airport is all of 11 minutes by taxi from the port and that means the fare will not be all that much - $45 for the taxi in total at most.

Cheaper and less time consuming, to me, I'd rather deal with my own luggage

Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay in Boston day before cruise begins