Harmony family of 5

What are the options that people are finding for families of 5? Looking for the biggest bang for the buck AKA I want it all and pay very little.

If you want a stateroom that sleeps 5, you would have to call Royal or a travel agent to get options, because Royal's website does not usually show staterooms that hold more than 4.

DD15, DS12,DD10,DW and not dumb enough to advertise her age.

I am not necessarily look for a cabin for 5. I am wondering what others have done for choice and why.

I'd go for two staterooms, one for the kids and one for the adults. Two bathrooms. You can get an oceanview balcony for the adults and a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony right across the hall for the kids. Royal will allow the kids in their own stateroom if it's right across the hall or next door, but you have to call to book this way.

If you want to go less expensive, changes the kid's stateroom to an inside.

Edited by clarea

If you want to save the most money: connecting interiors.

I am sure you are correct. Im not looking for the cheapest necessarily.

Who out there got an unbelievable deal. ie Got two balconies cheaper than a balcony cabin for 5. Or we got this Cabin for 5 cheaper than any other possibility but there is so few of those so you better act quick. I would like a balcony in some shape or form.

I am looking for the golden ticket room.

Edited by Wheresthesalt
Spelling

I am sure you are correct. Im not looking for the cheapest necessarily.

Who out there got an unbelievable deal. ie Got to balconies cheaper than a cabin for 5. Or we got this Cabin for 5 cheaper than any other possibility but there is a few of those so you better act quick.

I am looking for the golden ticket room.

They made a pricing mistake on a Christmas cruise a while back, but that is really uncommon on Royal.

Edited by clarea

We are a family of 5 and have done three cruises with the kids, one time Disney in family suite and two times RC with two rooms. We found the two room setup much nicer. Our upcoming cruise on Oasis we have an oceanview balcony and kids across the hall in Boardwalk balcony.

We are a family of 5 and have done three cruises with the kids, one time Disney in family suite and two times RC with two rooms. We found the two room setup much nicer. Our upcoming cruise on Oasis we have an oceanview balcony and kids across the hall in Boardwalk balcony.

Did you find it much more expensive to go from a non balcony to Boardwalk balcony or did you have your mind made up what you wanted? So you paid what it costs?

There are "family rooms", not suites, which are less expensive. They have one queen/king bed, a pullout sofa and bunkbeds in a private alcove. Very comfortable for 5, but there is only one bathroom.

There are family inside staterooms, family outside and family balcony.

YouTube video for Family Inside on Oasis:

I originally was looking at inside cabin for the kids but because we waited until January to book for a March cruise my options were limited to get the rooms in close proximity. Fortunately, I kept checking the price and the day of final payment that Boardwalk room dropped $1100. It does pay to keep checking prices ha!

I originally was looking at inside cabin for the kids but because we waited until January to book for a March cruise my options were limited to get the rooms in close proximity. Fortunately, I kept checking the price and the day of final payment that Boardwalk room dropped $1100. It does pay to keep checking prices ha!

WOW thats awesome