Personalized Liquor Setup

Shaquara

JPR, I followed your lead and agree with your comment on the bourbon list being very weak. We are on the upcoming 12/4 cruise and I just requested a bottle of Woodford as well. I am always amazed at the included bourbon list of luxury all-inclusive cruise lines. Bourbon is according to many the top selling liquor in bars and yet gets little regard on board. Meanwhile, vodka, gin and scotch are always represented with top of the line brands.

Dennis

Depending upon where the ship is in the world, it could take up to 60 days for requests to be granted.

IMO (as a former bourbon drinker), bourbon is a popular drink in the U.S. but not many other places. As an aside, when we were in Ireland, I did a whiskey tasting. The last tasting was a bourbon - by far the worst that I tasted. From that day forward, I haven't touched a drop of bourbon (but sure do love Jameson).

In any case, just a reminder to make special requests as far in advance as possible. The ships cannot get everything they want in port and many times have to wait for shipments from the U.S. which takes time.

Depending upon where the ship is in the world, it could take up to 60 days for requests to be granted.

IMO (as a former bourbon drinker), bourbon is a popular drink in the U.S. but not many other places. As an aside, when we were in Ireland, I did a whiskey tasting. The last tasting was a bourbon - by far the worst that I tasted. From that day forward, I haven't touched a drop of bourbon (but sure do love Jameson).

In any case, just a reminder to make special requests as far in advance as possible. The ships cannot get everything they want in port and many times have to wait for shipments from the U.S. which takes time.

Well the ship is headed to Miami. It will dock there for 2 nights for a private event before it's first Caribbean itinerary. Should be no problem finding almost any bourbon in Miami. But whatever the outcome, we are so looking forward to being on the Explorer.

JPR, I followed your lead and agree with your comment on the bourbon list being very weak. We are on the upcoming 12/4 cruise and I just requested a bottle of Woodford as well. I am always amazed at the included bourbon list of luxury all-inclusive cruise lines. Bourbon is according to many the top selling liquor in bars and yet gets little regard on board. Meanwhile, vodka, gin and scotch are always represented with top of the line brands.

Dennis

Definitely agree with the bourbon assessment (especially having just lived in Kentucky for 3 years) but I don't know if I'd call their Single Malt selection 'top of the line' - I, for one, would love to see some Islay or Skye malts. One year, I found a lone bottle of Laphroaig in the aft lounge; it eventually ended up in the Connoisseur Club bar after the bar steward got tired of running back and forth for refills. :D

Woodford or Blantons would be greatly appreciated, along with a few decent ryes, too.

As an aside, when we were in Ireland, I did a whiskey tasting. The last tasting was a bourbon - by far the worst that I tasted. From that day forward, I haven't touched a drop of bourbon (but sure do love Jameson).

I'd guess you did the Jameson tour in Dublin for that one? My wife and I both did the tasting and also felt the Jameson's was far superior to the other choices. Midleton is pretty fine as well. But after moving to KY, I did get back into bourbons a bit more, mostly because the Scotch supply got awful pricey for a while...