Main dinning room

Melkaracam

I am normally a cruiser with Royal Caribbean and understand their dinning times. You normally get to choose a dinning time when booking.

I have just booked a cruise with a group of people on Pacific Eden for later this year. There was no option to choose a time?

Can someone please advise me how the main dinning room works on P & O cruises??

When I was Onboard in December you just had to show up and wait for a table at the main dining room, I never waited long to get in.

Angelos and The Dragon lady were included free as part of the package in December (pretty sure they still are) you need to book these when you fist board. If you are interested in them I suggest you make it a priority 1st thing to do when you get on board, they were taking bookings for Angelos, Dragon Lady and Salt grill at the same place, the bar at the entrance to both specialty restaurants.

You can always cancel the booking if you change your minds.

Enjoy your cruise

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off Jewel and went to book but they said they only had 5.15, 5.30, 5.45, 7.45, 8.00, 8.15/ I thought the middle times had booked out so I asked can I just turn up. I was told only at the above times. I said i thought it was anytime dining and was told |yes at The Pantry (buffet). I was told you can't enter later than 6pm as they have to set up for the late sessions. At 8pm there was a long line at the door.

This does not suit us at all. I won't be back.

I just got off Jewel and went to book but they said they only had 5.15, 5.30, 5.45, 7.45, 8.00, 8.15/ I thought the middle times had booked out so I asked can I just turn up. I was told only at the above times. I said i thought it was anytime dining and was told |yes at The Pantry (buffet). I was told you can't enter later than 6pm as they have to set up for the late sessions. At 8pm there was a long line at the door.

This does not suit us at all. I won't be back.

That is not good. Certainly different to any of our P&O experiences. Even on the Aria's inaugural cruise last November, where the booking system wasn't working, they were using the pagers for those who couldn't be seated straight away.:D

Sorry you did not get the time you would have liked but just

because you missed getting the middle times you would never go on P&O again?

You may have just got a bad door host, on our last cruise we came along at about 6.30 one night and asked to be on a waiting list in case people did not arrive for their booked table, we waited about 15 min and they gave us a table that had not shown up for their allocated sitting time.

I always make booking dinner a first priority, once you have been in for the first night you can ask for the same time for your whole cruise.

Only Aria and Eden are on walk up times.

Sorry you did not get the time you would have liked but just

because you missed getting the middle times you would never go on P&O again?

You may have just got a bad door host, on our last cruise we came along at about 6.30 one night and asked to be on a waiting list in case people did not arrive for their booked table, we waited about 15 min and they gave us a table that had not shown up for their allocated sitting time.

I always make booking dinner a first priority, once you have been in for the first night you can ask for the same time for your whole cruise.

Only Aria and Eden are on walk up times.

I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post.

I did not miss out on the middle times. There were NO middle times as stated). EVERYONE had to be out. They asked you to leave if you were still there at 7.15. t 7pm they started taking everything away and setting up tables for the 8pm diners.

Maybe it's changed, maybe that's only on Jewel? I don't know but it was what ACTUALLY happened on the Jewel for 11 nights. Not one night.

as stated I do not want to be on the same table at the same time everynight.

Which is why i like ANYTIME dining.

It's not the ONLY reason I won't be back. The poor food quality and poor service also played a roll in my decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just back from Eden and how gone in depth in my review about dining on this ship.

Please keep in mind dining is not the standard of RCI.

Link to my review is in my signature if you're interested.

Main dining room is absolutely lovely in decor on Eden however please do keep in mind it holds a small amount of guests.

I recently got off the Jewel and cant be sure its the same on Eden but i would presume it is, They have 2 sittings, the first at 530 and the second at 730.

You need to book your table for every day but you can book it 24 hours in advance so if you get a table you like you can either rebook it on your way in or on your way out if you want to sit there again or book for a different spot if you want a change.

We liked the waiter we had on the 4th night so kept booking the same table every night after that, it got to a point a few nights later when all we needed to do was give the girl a nod on our way in and she would have us rebooked for the following night