Mosquitos is East Australia

Bring some insect repellant with you.

Wear long sleeves at dawn and dusk in the tropics, as an added precaution, against midges and mossies.

The two cases of zika virus confirmed in Queensland recently have been brought into Australia by people who have returned from overseas.

Bring some insect repellant with you.

Wear long sleeves at dawn and dusk in the tropics, as an added precaution, against midges and mossies.

The two cases of zika virus confirmed in Queensland recently have been brought into Australia by people who have returned from overseas.

My thoughts are even if there was no risk of disease, who wants to be bitten by mossies anyway. But yes, in those cases they brought the disease with them.

Isn't all this a bit over the top. I've caravanned from Sydney to Cairns a few times and never, repeat never had any issue with mosquitos. Yes of course you may see (hear) them. If you do buy some insect spray then, just as you would if you were having trouble with flies. Have a good trip.:)

You are very fortunate. I cannot sit on my balcony at home in Sydney in the afternoon as I am bitten by anything going. Nothing bites my husband. My dermatologist said there is no doubt that some people are far more prone to bites than others and that there is no solution other than repellent.

And if your ship has left port before sunset and is out to sea and you are in an airconditioned MDR your chance of getting bitten is terrifyingly small.

Agreed, but there are other viruses that can be caught in the MDR so wash your hands.:D