QSine on Reflection

CroozinFamily

I see QSine listed as one of the restaurants on Reflection but I don't see any information on pricing and reservations. Is this restaurant still on board?

On another note....if I make reservations for shore excursions and dining packages before the sailing, do I pay for those now or can I use my on board credit to pay?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the price for Q it's $25. Or $35/ person it's very fun place. If you book on the site you have to pay now. We wait till we get on the ship. They also run specials in the spec rest when they are not so busy so it maybe worth waiting.

Hi - we did Qsine on Reflection 2 months ago. Review I posted gives some feedback on the specialties. Its $45 standard rate but often you will see someone by entry to casual buffet at dinnertime offering a discount to attend a specialty restaurant. Also, tell your MDR Maitr'D about interest in specialty if discount were available. Also, a couple sea days a specialty may be open for lunch at $25 - ask when boarding.

LINK TO REFLECTION REVIEW BELOW. GOOD LUCK

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2294802&highlight=foodsponge

Edited by greydog

Yes, Qsine is on Reflection. It is a fun restaurant and ask for EVA as your server. She will make your meal memorable in many different ways. We purchased a specialty restaurant package (using OBC) after we boarded and we ate at all four specialty restaurants onboard for $34 each. They are all excellent!

OBC can only be used onboard, not beforehand.

Reflection is a beautiful ship, ENJOY!

We have done the ultimate dinning the last 2 years and plan this year too. We eat in all the spec rest all week in clouding lunch in bistro on the 5 and when the spec rest have lunch it covered. I don't remember how much it is but it our excursion. They only sell it on board and they don't advise it. I don't know why they don't ad it.

Yes qsine is on reflection not sure of price as we had UDP. And if you go you must get Eva she is the best don't eat there without her as your server you will have a blast and the UDP on reflection was 29 per person per day and so worth it ate in all specialty and porch for lunch everyday the Brazino in the porch was excellent as was lobster bisque which I thought was better then Muranos. Man cant wait to be back on reflection

Qsine standard price is $45pp but as mention the price goes down if purchased as a package or if you can get a deal... Personally we always buy a 3/4 dinner package dependant on which ship we are on as we like to have everything booked & paid for in advance... [emoji4]56399910b32e45fcc4ed9457ef5b5172.jpg

Edited by MR_T

I was on the Reflection in October and Qsine was $45 a person. It was never full and they always had someone around offering discounts. Personally, I'd wait to book once onboard. That way you can use your OBC and may even get it cheaper.

As for asking for a specific staff member, just be mindful that the staff do change. So while Eva may come highly recommended, there is no guarantee she will even be on Reflection when you sail. We've always had great service in the specialty restaurants.

Edited by lovemylab

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is $29/night, must be booked on board on first day, and has limited availability. The number of available UDP's is related to the number of prebooked dining packages. Lots of prebooked packages means fewer UDPs available. If the cruise is 7 night then the cost is $203/pp. It must be purchased by all occupants of the same cabin. We use our OBC to pay for this. The benefit is the ability to eat daily at the pay restaurants at much lower cost. There is also no restriction on where you eat, so under this plan a person can eat at the same restaurant every night if they wanted to unlike some of the other dining plans. The downside is that it can be a challenge to get prime dining times at the restaurant of your choice because pre booked reservations typically snag the best times.

Thoughts on Qsine:

On a recent Millennium cruise in Asia, by mid-cruise, reservations were going for $25. Pricing depends on demand. If it's not getting booked, you'll get a deal.

It's a really fun place that, in my experience does not get a lot of use no matter which ship you are on. It's a lot more fun if you go in a group of 6, say. When dining just for two, there is no way you are going to try everything. Well, I suppose you can but wow! With six, its easier to do that and sample.

While I know there's no guarantee of a deal, how does one go about inquiring about one? I would like to try Qsine, but $45 seems a bit much and I definitely won't be doing the UDP.

We have been able to get Q zine for half price on just about every cruise we've been on. Usually easier later in the cruise and they often set up tables for specialty dining in front of the buffet. That's the time to ask if there are any discounts. They usually offer me 20 or 25% and I say I need 50% and so far they've always agreed. Oh I think last time it was $25 which is not quite 50% off

While I know there's no guarantee of a deal, how does one go about inquiring about one? I would like to try Qsine, but $45 seems a bit much and I definitely won't be doing the UDP.

It is all based on supply and demand. We have been able to get 50% once and nothing off the other. You just go up to a table and ask. Last cruise, there was no negotiating. Usually they will counter offer but not this time.

$45 is way overpriced but we did it just to experience it. I will never pay more than $25 for Qsine or Lawn Club Grill.

Thanks, CathyCruises and keesar!

I guess I'll have to be very brave and just ask! It sounds embarrassing, but if I can save $80 for our party it'll be worth it.

I'm getting excited now! Thanks!

I generally hate to ask for discounts to.o, but I find it's easier if I just go up and say 'are there any discounts available?' And then when they respond with 25%, I say 'oh I was thinking more like 50%', or 'I heard that it was more like 50%'. As I said they've never turned me down yet. But I do believe it's cruise specific and Based on how many bookings they have.

We are booked on Reflection on Sept 19, 2016.

QSine is listed as one of the Specialty Restaurants, however when I go to Cruise Planner and try to make reservations, it is not listed as one of the choices.

Does this mean that it is completely booked already for our cruise?

Also, there is not an option for "Ultimate Dining package" as well.

Only 4 or 5 night package...could the ultimate be sold out?

I have got the ultimate dining package the last two years and it only sold on board. I did read they do sell out but we got it both times we asked. I'm cruising in a couple week and plan on getting the UD. It better be available.

I see QSine listed as one of the restaurants on Reflection but I don't see any information on pricing and reservations. Is this restaurant still on board?

On another note....if I make reservations for shore excursions and dining packages before the sailing, do I pay for those now or can I use my on board credit to pay?

Thanks

Qsine, our one of a kind restaurant featuring a "uniquely unordinary" approach to dining. At Qsine, we strive to awaken your palate through a modern and playful offering of familiar and memorable dishes from around the world. This restaurant is available on Eclipse, Infinity, Millennium, Reflection, Summit, and Silhouette. The fee for guests over 13 years is $45/pp. Kids ages 6-12 will dine at a discounted rate of $10 from the standard dinner menu and kids 5 and under dine for free.

Qsine standard price is $45pp but as mention the price goes down if purchased as a package or if you can get a deal... Personally we always buy a 3/4 dinner package dependant on which ship we are on as we like to have everything booked & paid for in advance... [emoji4]56399910b32e45fcc4ed9457ef5b5172.jpg

This option for QSine is not available when i go online to book reservations for specialty restaurants. Tuscan and the others are available for me to book (6p or 8pm), but no QSine. Does this mean thast it is sold out for our cruise Sept19?

This option for QSine is not available when i go online to book reservations for specialty restaurants. Tuscan and the others are available for me to book (6p or 8pm), but no QSine. Does this mean thast it is sold out for our cruise Sept19?

I very much doubt it would be sold out... I've never heard of a speciality restaurant getting sold out even by the time of boarding so It's more then likely a glitch with the system?!

I'm sure you will find it available onboard, also there is normally more options for times as they don't release everything online before the cruise so they can keep availability for people that don't use the online system!

We always go to book/confirm/change times etc as soon as we board and never not got what we wanted! [emoji4]