Special Occasions on the Eurodam

SLOTheta

Hello,

We are 1st time cruisers attending a wedding on the Eurodam in July. Along with our friend's wedding, we are celebrating our anniversary and both our birthdays.

I understand there are special occasion packages you can buy, but does the staff or ship do anything without a surcharge?

Any tips/suggestions as to how to make the occasions a little extra special on the ship? We already have dinners booked with the wedding group though out the 12 day cruise.

I've read that some travel agents can put in a note or actually send something, but the travel agent we are using is the bride's family member and isn't taking any commission.

I'm sorry if this is a repeat question- you'll see more from me soon! I use CC on my iPhone and the "search" function is largely unhelpful since most of the returns are roll calls or future cruisers lists, which makes it hard to find information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I understand there are special occasion packages you can buy, but does the staff or ship do anything without a surcharge?

If you have dinner in the dining room on the birthdays or anniversary, you should expect a little cake, along with the Indonesian stewards singing a special song, at dessert. Do confirm with the Dining Room Manager that it is on your record and scheduled.

There is no charge for this.

You mentioned that you already have dinners booked with the wedding group through out the 12 day cruise.

So -- you are eating in the specialty restaurants every night?

If so -- for dinners in the Pinnacle Grill -- talk to the manager and give him/her the dates you are celebrating. They will see that you get your free cake. But there will be no singing.

As to Tamarind, I have not seen anyone get a cake there -- maybe I missed it. But I have seen the young ladies put a candle on whatever dessert the celebration person has ordered.

There are so many people celebrating one thing or another on every cruise, with some exceptions, there is not a whole lot the cruise lines do. There are always a number of people celebrating birthdays, wedding anniversaries, graduations, retirement, successful recovery from serious illness and just about everything else you can imagine.

Plan your own celebration and request a cake from your Dining Room Manager/Section Supervisor in the Main Dining Room.

Have fun! :)