Royal family suite vs 2 junior suites

mcchane1

We are cruising on the Independence of the Seas April 2017 with our family of 5 (myself and hubby and 3 adult children) I have 2 junior suites booked but now I am wondering about a Royal family suite. Anyone have a guess on the price difference and reasons why it would or wouldn't be a good idea?

We are cruising on the Independence of the Seas April 2017 with our family of 5 (myself and hubby and 3 adult children) I have 2 junior suites booked but now I am wondering about a Royal family suite. Anyone have a guess on the price difference and reasons why it would or wouldn't be a good idea?

You would have to call Royal or a travel agent to get the price on the RFS.

One advantage of the RFS is that it's a full suite, so you will get the full suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

We stayed in a Royal Family Suite on Adventure of the Seas, there were 2 of us (we had a junior suite and received a call to offer an upsell to RFS; which we accepted largely because of the double points. We are cruising this year with our adult children and their partners and often asked ourselves your very question when we were in the RFS. These were our thoughts:

The space in the RFS is a big wow factor; separate bedroom, two bathrooms, roomy lounge and nice balcony (albeit aft). It probably depends on how old your adult children are and how well you can all live together. We felt that the second bedroom (which has no window) was fantastic for under 18s and we would have loved this arrangement with our family. Our adult children with spouses are now in their 30s, therefore we felt that a RFS would be too intimate for us.

Very much a personal decision at the end of the day; if you like being together an RFS suite is amazing; if you think a bit more privacy is needed then 2 junior suites might be better.

Probably worth comparing the costs and looking at some pictures on line; there are lots of videos and pictures available of RFS.

Good luck.

This cruise is to celebrate DH and my 25th anniversary. The "kids" are hubby's oldest 2 from his first marriage (34 & 31 yrs old) and our son (25). The older 2 were the typical "every other weekend kids" and we have never traveled together since they became adults. All 3 kids are single and get along well. I guess I need to call get check price and availability to see if the makes the decision easier.

Just called and prices for the 2 junior suites or 1 royal family suite are about exactly bthe same. Hard decision

If you are OK with the reduced privacy, then I'd go with the RFS. You may enjoy the suite perks. On Indy, suite guests get a reserved area for pool loungers.

We stayed in a Royal Family Suite on Adventure of the Seas, there were 2 of us (we had a junior suite and received a call to offer an upsell to RFS; which we accepted largely because of the double points. We are cruising this year with our adult children and their partners and often asked ourselves your very question when we were in the RFS. These were our thoughts:

The space in the RFS is a big wow factor; separate bedroom, two bathrooms, roomy lounge and nice balcony (albeit aft). It probably depends on how old your adult children are and how well you can all live together. We felt that the second bedroom (which has no window) was fantastic for under 18s and we would have loved this arrangement with our family. Our adult children with spouses are now in their 30s, therefore we felt that a RFS would be too intimate for us.

Very much a personal decision at the end of the day; if you like being together an RFS suite is amazing; if you think a bit more privacy is needed then 2 junior suites might be better.

Probably worth comparing the costs and looking at some pictures on line; there are lots of videos and pictures available of RFS.

Good luck.

Note to other people reading this response: Panger would have received double points in the JS anyway; RFS gives the same double points; no difference there.

Hi everyone, my husband thinks the RFS has more privacy btw (contrary to my thoughts), this is because the master bedroom does have a door to the hallway, and the living room area is a very private area compared to three sharing in a JS. It certainly does have the wow factor.

Hi everyone, my husband thinks the RFS has more privacy btw (contrary to my thoughts), this is because the master bedroom does have a door to the hallway, and the living room area is a very private area compared to three sharing in a JS. It certainly does have the wow factor.

And that balcony is HUGE - and in two separate sections - for additional private spaces to share or not to share. ;)

A few years ago we took our daughter and niece on the Liberty with us. We were booked in a GS but got a free upgrade to the RFS. The girls room was in the front by the door and ours was in the back by the living room. We never heard the girls at night. The only time we saw the girls were when they came in the CL for happy hour and at dinner. It was a win-win for all of us. I think it is a no brainer -- everyone gets the suite benefits and you may save money in the end with free drinks and the perks of being in a suite. Oh how much joy I get with a gold card.

We did a Royal family suite on Voyager with 6 of our children ages 13 to 23(oldest was married and didn't go). There were 2 bunk beds in the 1 room where our 4 daughters slept. Our sons were on the pull-out couch in our large sitting area and not comfortable at all.

My husband and I had the very large master bedroom and bath. We laughed a lot - it was crazy! The previous cruise we took with the kids - we were spread out over 4 rooms. So I was convinced that this would be so much better - NOT!:eek:

Now - with you and your husband and 3 adult children- I would go for it. You will have more amenities to enjoy than in the junior suites. The Royal family suite is beautiful and has a huge balcony that you will enjoy. Though the suite sleeps 8 people, it was crowded. I felt like we were still at home as I was always picking up after everyone - LOL

The only downside I see is less sleeping room for the boys and a shower instead of a tub. But, I think they would cope with that in exchange for the large living space, big balcony and free drinks in the concierge lounge. I have stayed in a RFS four times and would definitely pick it over the two JSs.

We've done both, and my 23 yo said choose the RFS...it gives you free booze and that's all you need to know lol. The master bath has a tub, the other one just a shower, but a nice one, not the skinny tube. My DH is tall, he doesn't like the tub showers anyway, so he preferred the RFS to have that shower. Also, with the full menu available for room service, we enjoyed nice breakfasts on the balcony...it had a regular sized table and chairs out there.

Note to other people reading this response: Panger would have received double points in the JS anyway; RFS gives the same double points; no difference there.

Was thinking the same thing. Thanks for saying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app