Live on the Liberty

djh

What you couldn't see is the speed they were going when they got to the bottom. These guys appeared to be the designers or constructors of the slide. When they came in, they would slam against the wall at the bottom.... hard. I guess the liability was just too great to open without doing a few modifications. One of the activities staff say they "hoped" to have it open this week. I hope someone will report back.

I will report back. We board on Sunday and are on for two weeks. I sent an email for daily compasses and can't wait to see. Thanks for offering them.

Ps. Here's how fast I can upload a photo with Tapatalk

7bedee6f1b6e6f064901ee0e2090a8a5.jpg

we had the same experience. on the last night we were waiting to tell our waiter goodbye and give him an envelope. He never came back. I thought we were going to have to leave without seeing him. Finally after what seemed forever he came back apologizing that he got stuck in the kitchen. Man they work so hard, bless them! As far as the tables being tight, we literally were trapped at out table. We would have had to have about three tables moved to get out one night. It was really bad.

Yes, I still enjoy the breakfast there. The raspberry pancakes were very good. They have started something new. Apparently, for $5, any passenger can eat at Chops for breakfast, and I think maybe lunch. It includes a mimosa. I don't really know how many people took advantage of that.

Thanks I really enjoy eating both breakfast and lunch in chops, great perk

Yes, I still enjoy the breakfast there. The raspberry pancakes were very good. They have started something new. Apparently, for $5, any passenger can eat at Chops for breakfast, and I think maybe lunch. It includes a mimosa. I don't really know how many people took advantage of that.

That's my favorite suite perk. Hope they don't ruin it with a line and wait.

We had MTD on deck 3 this cruise, and it was a mess. The tables were so tight together, that people could not get through. Our son is in a wheelchair and we stopped going into the dining room after night two, because we had to keep asking people to get up and move so we could get out. That is very embarrassing to my son, so I complained as did many others, and they finally moved tables out to make more room. Our server said that they might be changing MTD to another deck after our sailing, so you might get lucky and get deck 3 back? who knows.

I am so sorry this happened to your son! We had such a good experience with MTD on Navigator that we were planning to do it again on Liberty. The table next to us had a young adult in a wheelchair and had a completely different experience than yours. Again, so sorry that your family experienced that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry this happened to your son! We had such a good experience with MTD on Navigator that we were planning to do it again on Liberty. The table next to us had a young adult in a wheelchair and had a completely different experience than yours. Again, so sorry that your family experienced that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind words. We were on Navigator Oct of 2014 with MTD and did not have any problems like this. This time we were not so lucky, God bless our sweet server,(Hewan) he tried so hard to help us. Even went as far as refusing to let them sit a couple at a table that would block us in. Then when we went to leave, he actually picked up the table and moved it. All this however draws a lot of attention to us, and my son gets so upset. He says he feels like a fish in a fish bowl. My Son is a young adult...maybe it was us that you were sitting by on Navigator. Ha ha

Tuesday and Saturday. Times assigned by muster stations.

So the ice shows are Tuesday and Saturday. I think I saw in an earlier post that Saturday Night Fever is also Tuesday. So if you want to see both the ice show and Saturday Night Fever and your muster station is assigned to the Tuesday ice show, does that mean you have to pick either the ice show or Saturday Night Fever? Is Saturday Night Fever only one night?

This April will be our first RCCL cruise but we have friends in this week and they sent this pic of their inside room. Some of you seasoned cruisers might be able to tell if they did updates here.

That looks like the old (aqua, green, peach) color scheme, not the new one with navy and shades of brown/tan.

This April will be our first RCCL cruise but we have friends in this week and they sent this pic of their inside room. Some of you seasoned cruisers might be able to tell if they did updates here.

Bummer - that looks the same as what we saw in Dec. You could see light through the holes in our curtains in our verandah cabin!

So the ice shows are Tuesday and Saturday. I think I saw in an earlier post that Saturday Night Fever is also Tuesday. So if you want to see both the ice show and Saturday Night Fever and your muster station is assigned to the Tuesday ice show, does that mean you have to pick either the ice show or Saturday Night Fever? Is Saturday Night Fever only one night?

Ice shows were Monday at 2:00 and 4:00 and Sat at 2:00 and 4:00

Saturday Night Fever was Tuesday at 5:45 and 8:15

Oops, I should have read one of those compasses that I sent out, lol.

LOL! I had to go back and look myself. The day's blur together, then with the changes of things because of missing GC and entertainment not being able to get on ship... Crazy

Just wanted to say Thank You for all the information and pictures you have provided.

You're quite welcome. We have done this itinerary many times on several ships, so finding out all this information and reporting back gave me something different to do. I hope those of you sailing soon will report back. I love sailing out of Galveston and I'm hoping all of Liberty's hiccups can be worked out soon. Debbie

Was chops crowded for breakfast?? since they seem to be allowing non-gold ??

:eek: Kinda not crazy about letting anyone in Chops for breakfast. Not on a snob level but on a "it's never crowded, loud and you get out quick" level.

I hope they get lots of feedback on some of these crazy changes. Chops for breakfast has been one of the best suite perks. Once word gets out, opening it up is going to cause crowding issues. Putting MTD on the lower level of the restaurant - hate that idea. I can see how chaotic that would be with constant traffic. Bad idea.

Do they still have the suite sun deck area next to the Pool Bar? Or did they have the bright idea to change that and move it to ...oh....Deck 3 by a utility closet? :D

And what - no Derek Lewis superstars yet????

Terrible idea of letting non-gold cards into Chops for breakfast. This has been one of our favorite perks. Just off SR where breakfast was delightful with several servers. Last Dec. I was advised that gold cards could go to any ice show, not just the muster assigned ones. Is that still the case on LB? I certainly hope so. Glad to see LB still has golf!

Terrible idea of letting non-gold cards into Chops for breakfast. This has been one of our favorite perks. Just off SR where breakfast was delightful with several servers. Last Dec. I was advised that gold cards could go to any ice show, not just the muster assigned ones. Is that still the case on LB? I certainly hope so. Glad to see LB still has golf!

Yes

I was advised that gold cards could go to any ice show, not just the muster assigned ones.

Yes

What about the people who's name is on the gold card. Are they allowed to go to, or is this limited to just the card?

Looking at the current compass, the Chops breakfast charge is $15, not $5. Still not thrilled but hoping that that price will keep crowds away.

Are Diamond Plus doing breakfast in Giovanni's? I haven't thought of the D/D+ breakfast option in awhile - not sure if they even still have it.

:eek: Kinda not crazy about letting anyone in Chops for breakfast. Not on a snob level but on a "it's never crowded, loud and you get out quick" level.

I hope they get lots of feedback on some of these crazy changes. Chops for breakfast has been one of the best suite perks. Once word gets out, opening it up is going to cause crowding issues. Putting MTD on the lower level of the restaurant - hate that idea. I can see how chaotic that would be with constant traffic. Bad idea.

Do they still have the suite sun deck area next to the Pool Bar? Or did they have the bright idea to change that and move it to ...oh....Deck 3 by a utility closet? :D

And what - no Derek Lewis superstars yet????

Add me to the list of people who aren't happy about them opening up Chops breakfast/lunch for a fee. There are already precious few suite perks if you're not on a ship with "Suite Class." The Chops breakfast is the most important perk to me, and I think opening it up just erodes the benefit of being able to eat there when I'm in a suite.

I would really like to see Royal Caribbean provide some perks and keep them as perks instead of trying to squeeze every last dollar out of passengers.

Edited by Cindy

Looking at the current compass, the Chops breakfast charge is $15, not $5. Still not thrilled but hoping that that price will keep crowds away.

Are Diamond Plus doing breakfast in Giovanni's? I haven't thought of the D/D+ breakfast option in awhile - not sure if they even still have it.

Yes, I corrected that on the Chops Breakfast thread. I guess I need new glasses.