Want Soda Not More Package

cruzsnooze

They already did as far as I know. Read the most recent Cruise Guide and under the alcohol policy states that we can't bring soda or bottled water anymore. Anyone else seen this?

There was a thread about this some time back. As I recall, Princess said it was a "typo." Dumb excuse, but the final outcome seemed to be that water and soda are still permitted.

I'm glad to hear I can buy just the soda package. I'm doing the 15 day Hawaii so for 2 people it wasn't worth buying the more package since we don't drink all the sugar in those virgin drinks. Since I'm driving to port I was planning on bringing my own Diet Coke but now won't have to schlep all those cans.

I think to complain about a "soda only" package being gone is weird when the "soda and more" package is only $8 a day, which works out to be pretty cheap IMO. Maybe there are very few people who wanted just the "soda only" package? ;)
On my 19-day cruise in November, that $3/day will add up to $57 for something I have no interest in. That's money just thrown away. Bringing me soda with the soda & more sticker is no more effort than with just the soda sticker. If I have to I'll do it but I am careful with my money and am not inclined to toss it overboard.

• 3 weeks later...

hi.thinking of buying the soda only package for my sons (11/14 years) but really don't want them to have 1 each due to them popping off and drinking too much of the fizzy stuff!! can i buy 1 between them without being frowned Upon ??

hi.thinking of buying the soda only package for my sons (11/14 years) but really don't want them to have 1 each due to them popping off and drinking too much of the fizzy stuff!! can i buy 1 between them without being frowned Upon ??

it is per person.

Edited by Musky Ike

That would be new. When we got them on island and coral always fresh. Last cruise was the Royal which didn't have milkshakes but never had a problem getting a mocktail smoothie or hot chocolate anywhere

We were on the Coral in September and did not mind paying $8.05 a day for soda and more. Loved having the mock tails whenever you wanted them. Also the hot chocolate was great also. So much for a small price.

I contacted John Heald when we returned about Carnival adding this to their soda package but got screwed. They added all of it to their alcoholic package.

Did the soda and more on a 7 night cruise...and maybe got our value out of the "and more." Doing a long cruise this summer, and like several above pointed out, $3 per day adds up. When it is for something you don't want...I'd rather save the money. We will TRY to get the "soda only.