Want Soda Not More Package

cruzsnooze

We were just on the Crown last week and to my surprise they had it and I bought it....maybe the staff doesn't know yet!! :)

Oh the staff knows, they just don't push it because they would rather sell the more expensive one. ;)

That happened on the Coral and the Island in Oct/Nov.

They know that not many will ask once onboard. Maybe they are getting rid of the left over soda package stickers.

I drink diet soda but not mocktails or milk shakes. Many of us don't want or need the extra sugar and calories. I am sorry to see Princess eliminate the soda package. Now I will bring a 12 pack of diet coke with me and deny Princess the revenue they could have had from buying the coke package.

Maybe Princess could revisit this issue and reconsider the soda only package.

Some say if you ask for it you will get it, i did that about 2 months ago.

Marketing and making money. I don't see them bringing the soda only back, in fact sooner or later they will probably ban all water and soda being brought on board the way Carnival does. its more $$ again.

I'm surprised they haven't already done it.....

Bob

Last week (Jan 31, 2016) I bought the Soda Only package on the Ruby just by asking. No problem.

In December, they were not giving out the reusable glass with the Soda package, only with the Soda and More package. In Jan, they gave me the (unwanted) glasses.

Marketing and making money. I don't see them bringing the soda only back, in fact sooner or later they will probably ban all water and soda being brought on board the way Carnival does. its more $$ again.

Carnival bans all bottled beverages being brought aboard (other than the 1 wine/champagne per adult).

You can still bring aboard 12 cans of soda per person.

Well the total ban is coming most likely.

That would put Princess in a poor light with no class. I will be bringing my own diet coke this week aboard the Crown because I don't care to be ripped off on a soda and more package that I won't use. People who are diabetics or limit their sugar or just save those calories for dessert won't need the "more" in the package. I won't pay for something I don't use.

I'm on the Regal in a few weeks and still thinking about what I'm going to do. No real "more" available on the Regal because no one on that ship knows what a blender is. Since I'm driving and parking at the pier, I could easily bring my own 12 packs but I may not need them anyway as we are in a suite and should get 2 mini bar set ups. I can turn over the liquor for Diet Coke. Also last year when I was on the Ruby, those who had the "and more" package and ordered a milk shake at the ice cream bar got a pre-made, not good shake from the fridge. Those who actually paid at the point (no card) received a freshly made milk shake. I don't know if anyone else has ever seen this.

That would be new. When we got them on island and coral always fresh. Last cruise was the Royal which didn't have milkshakes but never had a problem getting a mocktail smoothie or hot chocolate anywhere

I'm on the Regal in a few weeks and still thinking about what I'm going to do. No real "more" available on the Regal because no one on that ship knows what a blender is. Since I'm driving and parking at the pier, I could easily bring my own 12 packs but I may not need them anyway as we are in a suite and should get 2 mini bar set ups. I can turn over the liquor for Diet Coke. Also last year when I was on the Ruby, those who had the "and more" package and ordered a milk shake at the ice cream bar got a pre-made, not good shake from the fridge. Those who actually paid at the point (no card) received a freshly made milk shake. I don't know if anyone else has ever seen this.

• 2 months later...
We like the soda only package as well, and usually pre-pay for it in the personalizer...but this time I will wait until onboard the Royal April 2nd and hopefully be able to get the soda only package! Fingers crossed! :)

Did this work for you on the Royal?

This is not about staff, it's about passengers, this is a service industry. Train your staff better to serve your customers.

Wow. You've never been in the service industry have you. :eek:

I think to complain about a "soda only" package being gone is weird when the "soda and more" package is only $8 a day, which works out to be pretty cheap IMO. Maybe there are very few people who wanted just the "soda only" package? Which means you're maintaining a cheap service for a few people... that's a service ripe for cutting. ;)

And I doubt they are worried about loosing your $2-$3 per day. You're still taking the cruise. :cool:

I think to complain about a "soda only" package being gone is weird when the "soda and more" package is only $8 a day, which works out to be pretty cheap IMO.

I think I cruised about 30 days on princess during the past year.

The $3/day difference is about $90 for me.

If you can just send me the $90, as it's nothing to you,

I will promise not to write any more about the soda-only

package.

I will be expecting your check, right after the one from the

nigerian finance minister.

I think to complain about a "soda only" package being gone is weird when the "soda and more" package is only $8 a day, which works out to be pretty cheap IMO. Maybe there are very few people who wanted just the "soda only" package? Which means you're maintaining a cheap service for a few people... that's a service ripe for cutting. ;)

And I doubt they are worried about loosing your $2-$3 per day. You're still taking the cruise. :cool:

I think I cruised about 30 days on princess during the past year.

The $3/day difference is about $90 for me.

If you can just send me the $90, as it's nothing to you,

I will promise not to write any more about the soda-only

package.

I will be expecting your check, right after the one from the

nigerian finance minister.

Me Too !!! I'd like that check .

Did not see under alcohol policy where it states that you cannot bring soda and water on board ship.

We have done this in the past but now just buy the soda and more package. For us it is much easier than schlepping the items onto the ship.

On our upcoming cruise we will order the water package just to have on the ship.