WOW Service from Cabin Steward

douknowme

Just wondering, what do you all look for in service that "WOWs" you in relation to your cabin steward? Especially in a suite? I'm looking for over and beyond typical service that you normally receive. Thanks in advance for your comments[emoji4]

I would start with them doing anything they don't have to do. For example, last cruise our steward would always come and open our door for us if he happened to notice us coming down the hall. He also gave us extra towels to put on our balcony furniture (our aft balcony chairs tended to get soot on them) and replaced them every day.

For a suite I wouldn't expect any more wow than any other room. I am paying for a bigger room and the perks that go with it, but the CS gets paid the same and the extra work in looking after the room is reflected in the mandatory gratuity.

I've had wow service in balconies and suites. It's sort of, for me, something you just realize. It's attitude, attentiveness, etc. Little things often. Like Tbone said, when he or she sees you coming down the hall, drops what they're doing to open your door. Or when you ask for ice and they literally run to get it. Yes, that happened. I saw him in the hall and asked if we could have some extra ice when he got a chance. He literally stopped vacuuming and ran to get it. I can just tell. It's when I say "he/she is the best cabin steward ever." That's when I know they have "wowed" me. And I've been wowed many times.

Edited by papaflamingo

To me it's what many see as little things, greeting me by name.

Opening my door.

Not knocking when I've got the do not disturb sign out.

Not moving my things :eek:

Not making a racket outside my door at all hours. Now in know they've got a job to do, but some make little effort to keep quiet early morning late at night.

Attending to any little requests without needing repeated reminders, like a second patter ( newsletter).