Stockholm 2016 information and advise

Anyone that is on the Baltic capital cruise and starts or has a port in Stockholm Sweden and is interested in a tour please check out www.storytours.eu. or info@storytours.eu. Renata is the owner and is fabulous to work with. Her company is one of the best there is. We were on a cruise last summer and many of us on our ship (Princess line) used them and had the most excellent day/tour. Check them out.

Anyone that is on the Baltic capital cruise and starts or has a port in Stockholm Sweden and is interested in a tour please check out www.storytours.eu. or info@storytours.eu. Renata is the owner and is fabulous to work with. Her company is one of the best there is. We were on a cruise last summer and many of us on our ship (Princess line) used them and had the most excellent day/tour. Check them out.

Yay! We have this booked in June, thanks for your recommendation.

We appear to be docking at S167 Stadsgarden on 15 May. We would like to visit the Vasamuseet and apart from the Ho Ho Boat there are buses from Slussen. How far is the walk please from S167 to the Slussen Bus Terminal? Many thanks

We appear to be docking at S167 Stadsgarden on 15 May. We would like to visit the Vasamuseet and apart from the Ho Ho Boat there are buses from Slussen. How far is the walk please from S167 to the Slussen Bus Terminal? Many thanks

Too far to walk, use Londonviadukten stop for buses.

Info is in first post uunder "Public transport directions from/to berths and sights.".

• 1 month later...
We will be docked at Frihamnen.when we disembark will there be taxis available to take us to hotel near central station or do we need to pre book a taxi to meet us?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There will be taxis available but obviously not necessarily enough to meet the demand.

I would suggest pre-book a taxi just to be on the safe side.

We will also be there on May 15 and docking at S167 at 9am to 4pm (assuming the gangway won't open until 9:30am? I don't know how long it takes for them to clear customs).

I think I have it figured it out how to go from S167 to Vasa (walk to Londonviadukten bus stop from Stadsgarden Port, take the bus to Slussen, walk over to Djurgården ferry to Vasa) . Where I am stopping at Slussen, does it share the same station as the ferry, or will I need to walk to another facility all together to catch the ferry?

I can't seem to wrap my head around a couple of other routes.

May someone please clarify which bus:

• to go from Vasa to Gamla Stan metro station
  • to take to get back to S167 from the Gamla Stan metro station or the Priest's street

I am debating whether I should get the HOHO boat pass or 24 hr SL ticket. The concerns I have for the HOHO boat is it doesn't say what time it will be at S167 even though it starts at 10am. I would like to be at Vasa as soon as I can get there. So the bus looks more enticing. Also, I have a walking tour of Gamla and I plan to leave the tour at 2pm, but I don't know if I can depend on the HOHO to be there at the Royal Palace stop. I'd hate to have to run after the ship, lol

My concern with the SL ticket is I'm terrible with directions in foreign country and not sure if I can find the right bus to take us back to the port.

Thoughts?

We will be in Stockholm, on Sunday. Will everything be open on Sunday?

Everything of importance will be open but some smaller private owned shops, galleries and etc in the Old Town might be closed though.

We are a huge ship and will be in farthest port. Will there be shuttle buses available? Thank you for your reply.

"the farthest port", do you mean Nynäshamn? I don't know if there are shuttle buses available but I would recommend

you to ask on the specific boards for your cruise line.

I think I have it figured it out how to go from S167 to Vasa (walk to Londonviadukten bus stop from Stadsgarden Port, take the bus to Slussen, walk over to Djurgården ferry to Vasa) . Where I am stopping at Slussen, does it share the same station as the ferry, or will I need to walk to another facility all together to catch the ferry?

• to take to get back to S167 from the Gamla Stan metro station or the Priest's street

Slussen is right now going trough a major rebuilding so I'll leave to Desdishado to explain the specific biuses as I'm not sure everything fits with the 2016 map anymore. But generally speaking, if you get off at Slussen you'll have to go over the bridge to Gamla Stan for the ferry. However some of the buses will continue from Slussen to Gamla Stan and the first stop there called "Räntmästartrappan" is next to the ferry terminal.

Regarding the bus back from Vasa no bus will take you directly near the subway station. You should go back from the museum to the main road, then continue a bit further over the Djurgården bridge and then turn left for bus 76 (the platform further away from the water/closer to the buildings). Bus 76 will take you to Gamla Stan where it will stop twice, first near the Royal Palace ("Slottsbacken") and then near the ferry terminal ("Räntmästartrappan").

2016 Bus map:

http://sl.se/resources/maps/geographics/2016/7510.Innerstan.2016.html

My concern with the SL ticket is I'm terrible with directions in foreign country and not sure if I can find the right bus to take us back to the port.
A good thing about Stockholm is that you'll be near water most of the time and you'll probably often be able to see your cruise ship in a distance.

We will also be there on May 15 and docking at S167 at 9am to 4pm (assuming the gangway won't open until 9:30am? I don't know how long it takes for them to clear customs).

I am debating whether I should get the HOHO boat pass or 24 hr SL ticket. The concerns I have for the HOHO boat is it doesn't say what time it will be at S167 even though it starts at 10am. I would like to be at Vasa as soon as I can get there. So the bus looks more enticing. Also, I have a walking tour of Gamla and I plan to leave the tour at 2pm, but I don't know if I can depend on the HOHO to be there at the Royal Palace stop. I'd hate to have to run after the ship, lol

Thoughts?

1, S167 to Vasa, buses and ferries do not stop at the same place. Buses stops at Södermalmstorg while the ferries stops

at Skeppsbron which is about 400m north from where the buses stops.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.3225223,18.0753412/59.3202327,18.0734928/@59.3201138,18.0719826,185m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2 (satellite images are a bit old so the ferry is actually 100m north in reality compared to the satellite image.)

Just walk north (you'll see your ship to the right quite far out) along the water until you see ferry stop. You can't miss it.

You could also go by bus from Södermalmstorg/Slussen to Djurgårdsbron and walk from there to Vasa.

Bus number is #76 and direction is Frihamnen or Ropsten and it will stop at berth "P". http://sl.se/ficktid/karta/vinter/S%C3%B6dermalmstorg_term.pdf

2.from Vasa to Gamla Stan metro. Several options.

2A.Preferable is to do as Thule says and use #76 bus from Djurgårdsbron or use the Ferries (again) and then walk to metro station,

2A

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gamla+Stan/R%C3%A4ntm%C3%A4startrappan,+111+30+Stockholm,+Sverige/@59.3218706,18.0685662,445m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77e3b15240f1:0x3b7dbd7b35c0a57f!2m2!1d18.0673816!2d59.3231079!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77fcd3942e89:0xc2dd7cf4853a3fe!2m2!1d18.0744605!2d59.3221879!3e2

2b (ferries). https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.3226598,18.0750271/Gamla+Stan/@59.3223221,18.0691411,528m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77e3b15240f1:0x3b7dbd7b35c0a57f!2m2!1d18.0673816!2d59.3231079!3e2

3. From Old Town to the ship. #53 bus is preferable since it stops at both Gamla Stan and Londonviadukten. it goes every 15 minutes.

Destination is either Finnberget or Henriksdalsberget, (it doesn't matter which one).

http://sl.se/sv/#/Travel/SearchTravelById/R%C3%A4ntm%C3%A4startrappan%20(Stockholm)/Londonviadukten%20(Stockholm)/1343/1461/2017-04-24%252013_45/depart/sv/null/null/2,8,1,4,96,/2/53/null/null/null/false/null/1/0/null/false

You can catch it at either Slottsbacken or Räntmästartrappan. The Latter is the closest to the Metro station.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gamla+Stan/59.3222034,18.0743032/@59.3226157,18.0695417,313m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77e3b15240f1:0x3b7dbd7b35c0a57f!2m2!1d18.0673816!2d59.3231079!1m0!3e2

My Tour company can leave us in town and we will need to get back to the ship on our own, if we choose to do so.

The #53 bus will take us directly to our ship? Thank You

No, your ship will berth in Nynäshamn.

For DIY, you will have to go by commuter train to/from Stockholm and walk or shuttle bus from/to the ship and Nynäshamn train station.

Thanks for the informative details! Helped me make the decision to use the transit over the HoHo.

Does anyone know if Slussen is still under major construction? Hopefully navigating the station isn't going to be too crazy.

Unrelated to transportation, where is a good place to pick up souvenirs? Rather, what's Sweden known for?

Thanks for the informative details! Helped me make the decision to use the transit over the HoHo.

Does anyone know if Slussen is still under major construction? Hopefully navigating the station isn't going to be too crazy.

Unrelated to transportation, where is a good place to pick up souvenirs? Rather, what's Sweden known for?

Slussen construction work will go on for many years.

Souvenirs? I don't know really. Visit Stockholm have a few listed http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/See--do/Guides/exceptional-souvenirs/

There is also a Dala horse store at Stortorget called Runstenen http://woodenhorsemuseumsweden.se/EN/visit.en.html

A few more suggestions listed here: https://www.likealocalguide.com/stockholm/souvenirs

• 2 weeks later...

I need to go from the center of Stockholm (near the Ice Bar) out to Brommaplan for a hot air balloon ride. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to use the subway/train system in Stockholm, would train(s) i'd take and if they recommend using it versus taking a taxi? I will have a 8 going. Thanks for any input.

Chris

I need to go from the center of Stockholm (near the Ice Bar) out to Brommaplan for a hot air balloon ride. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to use the subway/train system in Stockholm, would train(s) i'd take and if they recommend using it versus taking a taxi? I will have a 8 going. Thanks for any input.

Chris

Subway is very easy.

From T-centralen (close to the ice bar) subway green line #17 towards Åkeshov or green line #19 towards Hässelby,

get off at Brommaplan. It would take about 18 minutes. Price is roughly 40 or 60 SEK / person depending on where

you buy the ticket. A 24-hour public transport ticket is 120 SEK / person.

http://sl.se/#/Travel/SearchTravelById/T-Centralen%20(Stockholm)/Brommaplan%20(Stockholm)/9001/9109/2017-05-15%252013_00/depart/sv/null/null/2,8,1,4,96,/null/null/null/null/null/false/null/0/0/null/false

http://sl.se/#/Travel/SearchTravelById/Brommaplan%20(Stockholm)/T-Centralen%20(Stockholm)/9109/9001/2017-05-15%252013_00/depart/sv/null/null/2,8,1,4,96,/null/null/null/null/null/false/null/0/0/null/false

A regular 1-4 passenger taxi would take about the same time and cost about 300 SEK / taxi.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/ICEBAR+by+ICEHOTEL+STOCKHOLM,+Vasaplan+4,+111+20+Stockholm,+Sverige/Brommaplan,+Stockholm,+Sverige/@59.3348093,17.9642037,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f9d60e60e1e65:0xed6341af99022d7!2m2!1d18.0565337!2d59.331994!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f75fddd888837:0xca20706efc2e33b4!2m2!1d17.9392617!2d59.3383898

Is there some event happening during the September 6 - 10 timeframe? We are looking for a hotel and the rates seem very high. Also, wondering how the Crowne Plaza is location-wise? It seems like it is either at the edge or outside the city itself. I am not very good with Google Maps so can't really tell. Thanks!

Is there some event happening during the September 6 - 10 timeframe? We are looking for a hotel and the rates seem very high. Also, wondering how the Crowne Plaza is location-wise? It seems like it is either at the edge or outside the city itself. I am not very good with Google Maps so can't really tell. Thanks!

There is a Crystal Plaza and a Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza in Stockholm, but no Crowne Plaza.

However there is a Crowne Plaza in Copenhagen though. I think you might be in the wrong city?

See this thread for more info about CPH. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327188

There is a Crystal Plaza and a Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza in Stockholm, but no Crowne Plaza.

However there is a Crowne Plaza in Copenhagen though. I think you might be in the wrong city?

See this thread for more info about CPH. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327188

Yes, I thought I was posting in the Copenhagen thread. Sorry!