The [Almost] Complete NCL Star Ship Guide and Review from 1/31/2016 Sailing

Angelo_R

We're considering the Star which departs Tampa April 17th with stops in Bermuda, Punta Delgada, and Copenhagen. Will go for an Inside cabin or Oceanview cabin, as we don't really utilize balconies, and can't realistically afford anything above that.

Would you recommend the Star for this two week trip? Are the cabins comfortable and mostly quiet? I am 75 and my wife is 67. We don't get sea sick ever.

Thanks all.

We're considering the Star which departs Tampa April 17th with stops in Bermuda, Punta Delgada, and Copenhagen. Will go for an Inside cabin or Oceanview cabin, as we don't really utilize balconies, and can't realistically afford anything above that.

Would you recommend the Star for this two week trip? Are the cabins comfortable and mostly quiet? I am 75 and my wife is 67. We don't get sea sick ever.

Sure, Star is a nice, older ship and Transatlantic cruises are usually peaceful.

Just make sure that your cabin is not below or above anything noisy like for example Spinnaker Lounge on deck 7 aft and you should have very enjoyable cruise.

I notice, in the Star's inside and ocean view cabins, they don't have any couches or love seats. Not even an easy chair. Just a couple of straight back chairs. This is not so for the balcony cabins. Is this pretty standard on NCL ships?

Yes it is, sofas are only on balcony and up.

According to other posters here compared to some other cruise lines NCL's cabins are generally smaller even though I've found our cabins on Celebrity ships the same size as similar category cabins on NCL.

Thanks all.

We're booked on that cruise as well. We board on the 10th (for a week in the Caribbean) and finish up on May 17th in Copenhagen. And we're your age.

• 2 weeks later...
To clarify, there are two different types of Family Suite on the Spirit. The Two Bedroom Family Suite (SC) is a fairly standard configuration on NCL ships, with a smaller bedroom (with ensuite), a living area and the main bedroom and a bathroom. It also has a balcony.

The "Family Suites" (SJ) are just one big room (plus bathroom obviously), but it is pretty big. It doesn't have a balcony, but has a very large window. As far as I'm aware, these rooms are only found on a small number of ships (Star and Dawn are the only ones I know for sure).

Keith - I have a SJ family suite booked for early May (Baltic Cruise. There are 2 single room family suites on deck 12 that are also handicapped rated that have (what I have been told are) "partial balconies". Not sure what that means but thought you might want to know. I am in SJ 12532

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...