Emerald canceled our tour dates, what recourse do we have?

Hastalavista

I think the 4hr option I found was ICE Koln-Brussels then Thalys Brussels-AMS :D

Personally, I wouldn't go to London for one night - but I would definitely stay in Brussels! (I studied in Belgium in college - have been trying to get my husband to visit with me - sometime in the next few years, fingers crossed!)

I'm with you Hoyaheel! Loved Brussels....only disappointment was Manekin Pis....much smaller than I had pictured in my mind....but otherwise....the food and the wine and there's so much to see...and if all OP has is one night for either London or Brussels, I'd choose Brussels....i night in London will only bring disappointment...way to much to see and do.

I think I finally got a better offer from Emerald and I am waiting for final details to accept. It will be going on the Scenic Treasures of the Rhine tour from June 22-29. So that will give us 4 nights in Amsterdam before our flight home.

I'm glad the company continued to work with you to find a solution you would prefer! I hope the final details are to your liking and you're able to do a river cruise!

We too were on the 6/26 cruise. Due to my work schedule we could not do the earlier cruise that was offered to us. Emerald transferred all our details, etc. to the same cruise 10/22. I will say, when this happened I was very happy that we had booked our airfare through an Emerald promotion. Dealing with travel insurance, etc. would not have been fun. This way they have to re-book everything!!

I'm glad it's working out for you.

Thank you for the links. I will save them for future trips. On this trip, I think I finally got a better offer from Emerald and I am waiting for final details to accept. It will be going on the Scenic Treasures of the Rhine tour from June 22-29. So that will give us 4 nights in Amsterdam before our flight home.

Good news!! Amsterdam is a fun city too!! Be sure and do the Indonesian buffet...:D

:eek: I'm not going to ask what picture you had in your mind:D

Michelangelo's David would be much more impressive in this pose :

My goodness boys....all I'm going to say is that Michealangelo's David really rocked my world and I studied him from every angle.....make of THAT what you will....but he is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. :o

Seriously, I thought Manekin Pis was a full size statue....no, what I mean is I thought he would be man-sized....no, that's not right....OK this is just going down from here. Say "good night, Gracie".:D:D:D:

Hello hastalavista,

glad that it is working out for you. Emerald is certainly having a busy time rescheduling but they appear to be working well with customers and offering different cruises for those affected. Incidentally, the link I gave you for the Thalys includes pages with suggestions for things to do in the train's destinations, including Amsterdam.

Have a great cruise.

notamermaid