anthem of the seas captain/cruise director

watson50

If you go back through these threads, you should be able to confirm who you had;

Captains: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1441813&page=163&highlight=captain

Cruise Directors: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2245980&page=38&highlight=director

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

hi everyone.we took the nov.30 to dec.12 cruise on anthem.does anybody know who the captain and cruise director names were? i heard there is a new captain and cd.thank you

Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen was the man in charge. Captain Claus Andersen started his rotation February 6th.

hi everyone.we took the nov.30 to dec.12 cruise on anthem.does anybody know who the captain and cruise director names were? i heard there is a new captain and cd.thank you

Ken Rush was the cruise director on that Anthem sailing. He announced during one of "panel" shows at 270 that it was his last cruise and he introduced the person who would be CD after him.

Might as well start flaming me now.

I've had crew tell me Claus was not very concerned about passenger comfort. Although I've read from posts, they appreciated his announcements.

Yup, go ahead. Tell me... I made this up....I'm being mean...I don't know what I'm talking about. I hate Royal Caribbean...

Looking for the water bucket brigade.

I am grateful RC made a ship capable of surviving a storm such as this, really, I am. But, product, people, then profits come first. Without the product and people, there are no profits. And, no, I own no stock.

Might as well start flaming me now.

I've had crew tell me Claus was not very concerned about passenger comfort. Although I've read from posts, they appreciated his announcements.

Yup, go ahead. Tell me... I made this up....I'm being mean...I don't know what I'm talking about. I hate Royal Caribbean...

Looking for the water bucket brigade.

I am grateful RC made a ship capable of surviving a storm such as this, really, I am. But, product, people, then profits come first. Without the product and people, there are no profits. And, no, I own no stock.

Tbh I'm trying to work out what your point is ? Is this related to the recent storm that Anthem run into ? Or is it personal experience of Capt Claus ??

We enjoyed our only cruise on RCI on Anthem last Sept in the Med and Capt Claus was our captain ..... great daily wake ups from him and we had to endure a storm coming back to UK through Bay of Biscay. Capt Claus was keeping all passengers up to date with weather and conditions and attended a big Q&A in 270 on last sea day and assured that Anthem was designed as a cold water ship and could pretty much handle anything thrown at her ..... He also assured us that passenger safety and comfort was his no 1 priority and we felt he was open, honest and open to discussing anything asked of him.

As a side note we enjoyed Anthem, she is a beautiful ship and I would describe her as a Celebrity S Class on steroids ! ....... We are Celebrity fans but felt Capt Claus and Anthem were excellent.

Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen was the man in charge. Captain Claus Andersen started his rotation February 6th.

I was on the anthem of the seas 1/15-1/26 where Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen was the captain - on our trip we encountered the Jonas storm - where we had very rough seas going out to the Caribbean - and on our way back we would have been right in the middle of a fierce storm - Captain Anders Ingebrigtsen made the decision that it was not safe to go the path we were intended and kept us out at sea in the Bahamas another day - so we traveled behind the storm going back to Cape Liberty - We had an extra day on the ship-

Looking at all the news on this Anthem trip that went into a hurricane - I couldn't imagine why the captain would do that considering our scenario - but it is a different captain - the captain on this trip is Captain Clas Andersen -

I had an opportunity on our cruise to speak with Captain Ingebrigtsen on the morning after our very rough ride down - he told me that going around cape haderas was always a rough ride on the best of days but with the storm looming it made the trip worse. He also said he was at the helm on the bridge all night long working with the navigation team to try and plot a better course. We had 20 foot waves and had wine glasses and ice buckets come crashing down during our trip, and people were sick- (its bad when they start to hang the barf bags along the corridors)- this was probably why Captain Ingebrigtsen decided on the trip back to fall back a day so we would not be in the midst of the huge storm that hit new York city and eastern coast. I applaud his wisdom for passenger safety!!