Plane and Terminal Change at EWR

rkacruiser

I am considering two United flights that connect at EWR. United's web site indicates that a terminal change will be required. The schedule allows for a 65 minute time period for this connection.

I am a slow walker and am concerned if this is adequate time to get from my arriving gate, transfer from one terminal to another, go through security again, and make my connecting flight at whatever gate it may be.

I have very limited experience flying in or out of EWR and never have had a connecting flight there.

I would appreciate the advice of experienced EWR passengers who have made such a connection. Thanks for your help!

Is this a domestic to domestic connection, or is there an international component to this? That will make a big difference, but in either case, if you are a slow walker, 65 minutes is probably less than ideal.

Domestic to Domestic Connection: DAY-EWR-BOS and then the reverse

The wheelchair or golf cart won't help much except inside each terminal. You will still have to get the shuttle between the two terminals. Two hours is a much more relaxed connection. If you are 15 minutes late arriving into EWR you won't get to the next gate until boarding has already started.

If I remember correctly the shuttle runs from A2 concourse and also stops at B3 concourse before getting to Terminal C and near gate 80.

United is using all 3 terminals now at EWR with B some international arrivals they don't have gates for at C and A used for mainline as well as United Express.

Edited by Brighton Line

Thank you everyone for your information and advice!

It is somewhat more expensive than the United flights connecting through EWR, but the Delta flights that I have booked through DTW ought to be less stressful and will be more easy for me to accomplish. Connection times, as booked, are very good.

Attention Delta: Don't mess with the schedule and change the connection times for these flights!!!!!!

It is somewhat more expensive than the United flights connecting through EWR, but the Delta flights that I have booked through DTW ought to be less stressful and will be more easy for me to accomplish. Connection times, as booked, are very good.

Attention Delta: Don't mess with the schedule and change the connection times for these flights!!!!!!

Good for you!! DTW is a great airport and easy to navigate. Have fun.

Glad that your connection times are very good. Generally when I use miles to fly (and sometimes when I don't) the connections are not great. I love Delta schedule changes (which happen often). Then I can pick my choice of flights, call Delta and have them rebook me to the best connection I can find, no charge.

I LOVE DELTA SCHEDULE CHANGES! :D

Edited by frugaltravel

Glad that your connection times are very good. Generally when I use miles to fly (and sometimes when I don't) the connections are not great. I love Delta schedule changes (which happen often). Then I can pick my choice of flights, call Delta and have them rebook me to the best connection I can find, no charge.

I LOVE DELTA SCHEDULE CHANGES! :D

frugaltravel,

I enjoyed your post and got a chuckle out of it!

You are so right! If my flight itinerary does not change between now and when I fly, I will be very much surprised. Whenever I make air reservations with Delta far in advance of the flights, almost always there will be one/two/three changes before the day of travel begins.

But, as you, when I have requested a different schedule due to their changes, I usually have little trouble of getting that. Calling the Skymiles Member number, rather than the general reservation number, also helps, I have found.