Safe to Book Air?

sparks1093

Okay, we are getting ready to book our air for our cruise on the Fascination this October and noticed when I searched for the cruise on CCL's search engine that our particular sailing no longer shows up, although the other three October sailings are there. It makes me a little nervous but it is possible that this sailing has sold out, but it is also possible that the ship has been chartered and they just haven't gotten around to telling us. If we were sailing out of Miami I wouldn't be as concerned because we would likely find another ship to sail on but San Juan is different. I am trying to find our PVP's contact info but in the mean time I thought I'd ask the board: book the air and cross my fingers or wait a little while and hope airfare doesn't go up too much (I have found an excellant fare out of Boston that has slowly started to creep upwards). All thoughts appreciated (especially if a cruise that you had booked disappeared, what was the reason and outcome).

Edited by sparks1093

Okay, we are getting ready to book our air for our cruise on the Fascination this October and noticed when I searched for the cruise on CCL's search engine that our particular sailing no longer shows up, although the other three October sailings are there. It makes me a little nervous but it is possible that this sailing has sold out, but it is also possible that the ship has been chartered and they just haven't gotten around to telling us. If we were sailing out of Miami I wouldn't be as concerned because we would likely find another ship to sail on but San Juan is different. I am trying to find our PVP's contact info but in the mean time I thought I'd ask the board: book the air and cross my fingers or wait a little while and hope airfare doesn't go up too much (I have found an excellant fare out of Boston that has slowly started to creep upwards). All thoughts appreciated (especially if a cruise that you had booked disappeared, what was the reason and outcome).

I see it on the CCL website...

you may need to click on that funny little box below the Oct 9 date to see it scroll down to the Oct 16th date... but it's definitely there :)

Edited by nunuc2000

I see it on the CCL website...

you may need to click on that funny little box below the Oct 9 date to see it scroll down to the Oct 16th date... but it's definitely there :)

Oh good, sounds like a glitch:). I've found it in other search engines too.

When I used TravelGuard I asked them and they said wait until you book both the cruise and the flights before you purchase insurance so you know the full cost.

That doesn't work very well when you book the cruise and the air over a year apart.