Police & EMT Discount

jnscott4

Hello All,

I am a paramedic and I have used the Royal Caribbean Police & EMT discount on a previous cruise. However, this time when looking on the website and I click the box for it nothing happens. The prices are the same with or without the discount applied. Does anyone know whats up? Is this because of the BOGO Further sale going on right now?

Hello All,

I am a paramedic and I have used the Royal Caribbean Police & EMT discount on a previous cruise. However, this time when looking on the website and I click the box for it nothing happens. The prices are the same with or without the discount applied. Does anyone know whats up? Is this because of the BOGO Further sale going on right now?

The Police & EMT discount is not on every cruise or category.

I have been looking at various ships and cruise dates, none of which have the discount available.

There used to be a way to search for cruises with a particular discount. The website has been changed so often, that I've lost track if that function is still available.

I do recall that there is sentence in the BOGO terms & conditions, that says it is not combinable with special rates, such as Senior, Military, Police, etc. This is what I typically see:

Buy One, Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free)

So you may be on to something in that the BOGO rates are overriding any Police rates that may be there. Might be worth a call to Royal, but I don't believe there is a way to stop showing the BOGO rate on the website.

Edited by clarea

There used to be a way to search for cruises with a particular discount. The website has been changed so often, that I've lost track if that function is still available.

I do recall that there is sentence in the BOGO terms & conditions, that says it is not combinable with special rates, such as Senior, Military, Police, etc. This is what I typically see:

Buy One, Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free)

So you may be on to something in that the BOGO rates are overriding any Police rates that may be there. Might be worth a call to Royal, but I don't believe there is a way to stop showing the BOGO rate on the website.

Yea I think the BOGO sale is whats messing it up because its not showing up on any ship or date at all. Oh well, I will give Royal a call and see whats what. In my experience, the Police & EMT discount tends to be better than most sales they do.

Yea I think the BOGO sale is whats messing it up because its not showing up on any ship or date at all. Oh well, I will give Royal a call and see whats what. In my experience, the Police & EMT discount tends to be better than most sales they do.

Could you post RCI's response? DH is a retired firefighter and we enjoy using the discount when available. TYIA :)

Could you post RCI's response? DH is a retired firefighter and we enjoy using the discount when available. TYIA :)

Ok, I just got off the phone with Royal. She basically did the same thing I did with the website and tried to apply the discount and nothing happened. She said that the system only allows for one discount to be applied and therefore the BOGO sale overrides the Police & EMT discount. I asked if it would be offered on this sailing after the BOGO sale and she was unable to tell me one way or the other.

Ok, I just got off the phone with Royal. She basically did the same thing I did with the website and tried to apply the discount and nothing happened. She said that the system only allows for one discount to be applied and therefore the BOGO sale overrides the Police & EMT discount. I asked if it would be offered on this sailing after the BOGO sale and she was unable to tell me one way or the other.

Thanks for sharing the response. A lot of the special rates we used to enjoy have apparently been offset by these BOGO promotions.

My BF is a cop and we have never been able to use the police discount since we have always used the BOGO which cancels it out.

Our travel agent, who is also a sergeant for the department told us that if there are no other deals going on then the cruise has to be 7 days or more to qualify for the discount.

• 8 months later...