Anyone with real sailing experience???

BecciBoo

I've been in several regattas: First PLace, Sew Mad-No Nads spring regatta...a ladies race! LOL! That's me in the blue tank top.

Never in a real race or competition (I did the America Cup experience in St. Maartin does that count?:cool:), I have done some pleasure sailing over the years as well as having owned a power boat or three. Also, captained a house boat a few times. Any of this make the grade? ;)

I am a little sick, I enjoy the trolls and the 1 in 4. Especially when they out themselves. That is a red letter day for me.:D

Ha! You like that 1 in 4 thing, huh? I guarantee, it will always stick with you! :D

Can't talk on the other threads, so here's one we might can for a little while...I expect it to be moved but I'm trying!

JC you there?

I've been in several regattas: First PLace, Sew Mad-No Nads spring regatta...a ladies race! LOL! That's me in the blue tank top.

Can't say I'm a blow-boater. I like power, especially the hum of a 300hp 4-stroke outboard.

Nice pic though. You look like a fun bunch. :)

You just got reported for harassment....following other posters around and making nasty comments is not allowed:mad:

Reported U2

Wow, are you having a bad day?

1) I am not following you around. You posted a question about sailing and since I have done some sailing I was interested in seeing what was up. Once I realized this was not the right forum for your question I suggest a forum where it would be appropriate.

Since I was subscribed, I then responded to your post clearly directed at me.

2) None of my posts on this thread have been "nasty".

3) I have not been harassing you. However, since you feel I have been, and since I have lost all interest in this thread, I'll simply unsubscribe and you will not see any further posts from me on this thread.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

I did some sailing but never raced. Usually swanning from port to port and hiding in bad weather:)

I spent just over two years at sea on scientific vessels, typically about 150ft LOA, went all over the world in all weathers, including north of the arctic circle and south to Tasmania.

Edited by pspercy

It would be surprising to know just how many of us do have actual sailing experience and I think quite relevant to these boards in view of the fact that so many are passing themselves off as "experts" here. I don't classify myself as an expert but I do know a bit. But we do have bonafide people on here such as Paul and Cheng whom should be admired for all their knowledge.

Captained a 30ft. power boat for 25 years (St.lawrence river Canada)

sailed the Chesapeake Bay(sailboat crew)

sailed the great lakes(sailboat crew)

crewed on several sail races(Lake Ontario Canada)

drove several Cigarette type boats.

Licensed boat captain in Ontario Canada.

Can I be an expert now?:cool:

Edited by cruisebunnies
spelling