Juneau whale watching help

csroberson3

We will be cruising to Juneau in June, 2016. Definitely want to do the whale watching experience followed by the Mendenhall glacier. We were originally going to book with Harv and Marv as we have seen many excellent reviews on cruise critic. However, they are not very child friendly. We are forced to pay a lot extra for a private cruise due to having two children with us. No biggy, we will just go with someone else.

We have narrowed it down to http://www.juneautours.com, Alaska Galore Tours (recommended by Harv and Marv) and Orca Enterprises.

i would love advise on any of these companies. Orco is a bit pricey in our opinion but we want the best experience. I can not find many reviews about Alaska Galore Tours, just that they were recommended by Harv and Marv. Juneau Whale Watch Tours have the best price, have been excellent responding to my questions thus far and seem to get good reviews.

Any advice PLEASE!!!

I don't know anything about Alaska Galore or Juneau Whale Watch tours. I have gone out with Harv n Marv and Orca independently, and with Gastineau Guiding and Allen Marine via the cruise ships. All the tours were very good; bear in mind that the various tour boats do communicate with each other on the water, so if one captain spots a pod, chances are the others will be along shortly.

Gastineau Guiding:

http://www.stepintoalaska.com/

Allen Marine:

http://allenmarinetours.com/sightseeing/juneau/index.html

Although we enjoyed our tour with Orca, we will not use them again. Captain Larry of Orca Enterprises was arrested by the Coast Guard for a DUI while operating his vessel in August 2014.

Anyway- is price your priority? IF so, then I'd suggest, taking a look at various vendors and compare the prices. I do highly recommend Orca Enterprises, for my preference, of superb whale watching boat, their longevity and staff/naturalist.

Edited by Budget Queen

We will be cruising to Juneau in June, 2016. Definitely want to do the whale watching experience followed by the Mendenhall glacier. We were originally going to book with Harv and Marv as we have seen many excellent reviews on cruise critic. However, they are not very child friendly. We are forced to pay a lot extra for a private cruise due to having two children with us. No biggy, we will just go with someone else.

We have narrowed it down to www.juneautours.com, Alaska Galore Tours (recommended by Harv and Marv) and Orca Enterprises.

i would love advise on any of these companies. Orco is a bit pricey in our opinion but we want the best experience. I can not find many reviews about Alaska Galore Tours, just that they were recommended by Harv and Marv. Juneau Whale Watch Tours have the best price, have been excellent responding to my questions thus far and seem to get good reviews.

Any advice PLEASE!!!

We had the same problem...sailed last May and wanted to use Harv and Marv but daughter was under their age limit...called Alaska Galore Tours and gal was very helpful. On our trip, we had an amazing experience!! Saw tons of whales and had baby humpbacks breaching right next to us. The captian told us to not say too much when we arrived as the next tour would probably miss out on that as we had almost a once in a lifetime experience!!! Trying to figure out how to post a picture that I don't have on my computer for you!! But will say, you shouldn't sorry you went with them!!!

We will be cruising to Juneau in June, 2016. Definitely want to do the whale watching experience followed by the Mendenhall glacier.

Any advice PLEASE!!!

I took the whales and Mendenhall combo with Juneau Whale Watch and Tours. We were not a position to book ahead of the day so just walked off the ship over to their kiosk. From memory in July 2014 it was $125 pp. Although there were about 20 of us on the boat it never felt crowded and we had a great time despite the weather. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]KV1XSxkNCl4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]GOMA2HeTGJw[/YOUTUBE]